Sponsored

Headlight cut outs on hood same for SR5 and Sport?

MisterFlabby

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I am scratching my brain here. From the way the headlights on the SR5 look and how they look on the sport, it would lead one to assume that the cut outs and hood shape should fit on all models that are not the premium models i.e TRD Pro and TH. I wonder if during the order process, if i could get a TRD Sport hood on an SR5 just for the overall look. I love the look of the hood scoop (I know it is not functional) but depending on cost, I do not wanna break the bank for a vehicle based upon it's looks only. Any thoughts on this? I would love to hear what you guys have to say about it.
Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
There is no order process.

sport and pro have always been the only two trims with scoop.

if you want the sport scoop, probably would have to trade with someone. That’s all I see as the only option. Wait until someone has a sport in the same color that doesn’t like the scoop and trade

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
I am scratching my brain here. From the way the headlights on the SR5 look and how they look on the sport, it would lead one to assume that the cut outs and hood shape should fit on all models that are not the premium models i.e TRD Pro and TH. I wonder if during the order process, if i could get a TRD Sport hood on an SR5 just for the overall look. I love the look of the hood scoop (I know it is not functional) but depending on cost, I do not wanna break the bank for a vehicle based upon it's looks only. Any thoughts on this? I would love to hear what you guys have to say about it.
There isn’t an ordering process for Toyota. I assume you’d have to purchase an aftermarket hood and replace it, which would likely be very expensive. There’s little chance it will be an option. One of my (and others’) reasons for opting for an OR is for the absence of the scoop. Looks cool at first and then you realize you have a silly and unnecessary bulge in the middle of your hood.
Sponsored

Last edited: