• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL STX FX4 Magnetic Super Cab

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab XL - STX - FX4 - Magnetic
Why Isn't The Bumper Lower Valance Painted Silver? Things That Make You Go Hmmm o_O

For some odd reason on our new Ranger the lower bumper fill piece is the body color and not silver?

On every other truck I've seen with the FX4 package, this panel is silver and thus matches the skid plate?

And when you use the shop.ford.com site as soon as you pick the FX4 option, their interactive representation of the truck changes the panel from body color to silver?

I'm planning to talk to the dealer on Monday about this but wondered what you folks speculate as to the reason for this?

I'm also contemplating painting the panel red... the same red as is used on the FX4 emblem. Thoughts on that?

Thanks,

John

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 001.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 004.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 006 Red
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 006 Silver Shop Ford

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Not sure what the XL/XLTs are like, but on the Lariat that piece is body color, not silver (I guess unless you have a silver truck). The image on the Ford builder site was wrong when I built mine.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2016 Lincoln MKX, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Did this come with the blackout package? Maybe this is the difference...Just a SWAG on my part

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the replies.

We went to the dealership today. The parts guy says the panel is available in black & PTS (Paint To Suit). I was told the black is actually a black plastic part that isn't painted. Dealer offered to paint the panel silver for us at no charge.

Since this panel is out in the wind and subject to rocks and other such abuse I'm going to leave it black. If it were to be painted every rock chip will end up black.

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ripping CD's Onto A Thumb Drive

I was surprised when we bought our Ranger that it didn't have a CD player? In any event I posted a question about how to convert my existing CD collection so I could use it on a thumb drive in the Ranger's USB Port.

BaGMan replied with the following:

How To Rip Audio CD to MP3 in Windows Media Player | Windows 10 Tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/embed/KlLCCU6ZthM
And that worked... Now all I have to do is "Rip" a couple hundred CD's.... :headbang:

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where Are My Other Two Bed Tie Downs?

Edit 12-04-2019: Resolved: Pickup Box Bed Tie Down Hooks and Bolts

Something I've been scratching my head about... why do the SuperCrew trucks with the little short beds get (6) tie downs.... but the SuperCab, which is a bigger bed, only get (4) tie downs?

Or did they maybe remove the tie downs when they sprayed the factory toughbed liner?

Thoughts?

Edited 11-01-2019:
Went to the Ford dealer today and talked to them about the missing bed tie downs. The Service Manager said no worries that they will provide (2) more. The tie downs are about $9 each and the screws are about $6 each... $42 ish. Parts guy says the tie downs are on back order until late November.​

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Stock SuperCrew Bed
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Tie Downs 001.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Tie Downs 002.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WeatherTech Mud Flap Installation

The install only took about 1-1/2 hours. Pretty nice design as they are a "no drill". I may end up adding a screw though at the top into the plastic wheel molding. There is a small gap there and you no it will fill up with crud.

They do a nice job of covering the tire, without sticking out in the wind.

I'd rate the mud flaps a 9 out of 10.

The big reason I chose WeatherTech over the Ford factory splash guards is the Ford guards have the big Ford logo on them... like you need to have the Ford logo visible (3) times from the rear of the truck?

John

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Ranger With Mud Flaps.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Front Mud Flap 002.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Front Mud Flap 003.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Front Mud Flap.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Rear Mud Flap.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WeatherTech Floor Liner Installation

I installed a set of WeatherTech Floor liners today. What a great product.

Here's a comparison from member Northlight comparing the WeatherTech's and Ford's optional liners. The Ford liners are just a piss poor design. There isn't even any tray under the gas pedal, so all the "gunk" on your foot ends up going on the floor, not into the liner? And there "safety warnings" molded into the drivers side mat is lame too.

John

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Floor Liners.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Ford vs WeatherTech comparison by Northlight on Ranger5G
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Ford vs WeatherTech comparison by Northlight on Ranger5G Ford Warnin

Last edited:
OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Timing is everything. Put the mud flaps on yesterday... the local county boys ran us through some fresh yellow paint today. :facepalm:

The WeatherTech mud flaps did a great job of keeping the paint off the painted panels of the truck.... but it took me an hour and a half to get the yellow paint off the mud flaps and the inner wheel wells. And speaking of wheel wells, why in heavens name did Ford use that indoor/outdoor carpeting material for the front wheel well liners:question:

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 001.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 002.JPG

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Timing is everything. Put the mud flaps on yesterday... the local county boys ran us through some fresh yellow paint today. :facepalm:

The WeatherTech mud flaps did a great job of keeping the paint off the painted panels of the truck.... but it took me an hour and a half to get the yellow paint off the mud flaps and the inner wheel wells. And speaking of wheel wells, why in heavens name did Ford use that indoor/outdoor carpeting material for the front wheel well liners:question:

001.JPG
002.JPG
Better cleaning there than the paint, but still not fun! I think they use those liners for noise reduction.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Photo's of the undercarriage of our new Ranger SuperCab, for future reference

I took these photo's the day we got our new Ranger home...

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Undercarriage

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab UC1.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab UC2.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab UC3.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab UC4.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab UC5.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab UC6.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab UC7.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rear Storage Cover Tray Liners

Our truck has vinyl flooring, which works great for our lifestyle. But one thing that has bothered me is the covers for the storage bins in the rear of the SuperCab are hard plastic. They are slippery and I know they are going to get all scratched up.

So in an effort to be proactive and protect them... as well as to make them less slippery, I installed some drawer liners over them today. This is the same product that I've used to line the bottom of your tool box drawers. It's kind of tacky so it stays in place and stuff doesn't slide on it. We found it at Walmart.

It's thin enough that you can just wrap it over the edge of the covers and tape it from underneath. There is some hard plastic on the seat base near the doors, that's why you see that I left the liner material hang over the front and outer edges of the storage compartment covers.

I had some nice rubber floor mats all cut and fit to do the same thing.... only one problem.... they smelled like old rubber tires. :puke:

It's a low buck solution... we'll see how this works.

We considered the "Rear Seat Delete" option that is available for these trucks. But we're confident that will hurt re-sale value.. they only give you a $240 credit... and I've found from 17 years of using the extra cab of my Toyota that seat belts are ideal for strapping in cargo.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 002.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 003.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 004.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 005.JPG

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Are the seat backs easily removable for extra space?

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the seat backs easily removable for extra space?
Easily... not really. And then from what I understand there is road noise to contend with. We don't have kids.. or pets.. so for us just leaving them in seems to work well. Our old Tacoma had upholstered flat back seats.. so we're kind of used to them after 17 years.
Sponsored