How bad would 60mm offset wheels be?

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Any idea how far 60mm would poke out? I’m thinking it would be like 3 inches outside the fender based on the 25mm I saw in here.

here are the wheels I’m pondering. I thought the hub size had changed from 106.1 to 95.1, but I’ve talked to a couple folks and they say these will fit. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

https://www.oeswheels.com/products/...coma-4runner-fj-cruiser-sequoia-lexus-gx460-1

Cheers,
Mike
Sponsored

Discount Tire

ELITE Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Things Toyota
Any idea how far 60mm would poke out? I’m thinking it would be like 3 inches outside the fender based on the 25mm I saw in here.

here are the wheels I’m pondering. I thought the hub size had changed from 106.1 to 95.1, but I’ve talked to a couple folks and they say these will fit. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

https://www.oeswheels.com/products/...coma-4runner-fj-cruiser-sequoia-lexus-gx460-1

Cheers,
Mike
The offset of the wheels can be either positive or negative or zero. If you are asking about a positive 60mm wheel, that brings the assembly inward. A negative 60mm sets the assembly outward, although 60 is not a common offset. The positive 15mm wheel you are looking at will poke approximately 2 inches. The hub bore on the gen 4 is 95.1, so a larger 106.1 will fit over the hub. If factory is +44 then the +15 would look like this.

2024 Tacoma How bad would 60mm offset wheels be? 1710955063427

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
Have you checked out Rocktrix Offroad; great prices on some wheels!

OP
OP

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
The offset of the wheels can be either positive or negative or zero. If you are asking about a positive 60mm wheel, that brings the assembly inward. A negative 60mm sets the assembly outward, although 60 is not a common offset. The positive 15mm wheel you are looking at will poke approximately 2 inches. The hub bore on the gen 4 is 95.1, so a larger 106.1 will fit over the hub. If factory is +44 then the +15 would look like this.

1710955063427.png
Thank you, that helps a lot! I have no idea where I read that those wheels were 60 mm offset!

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground

1710955063427.png
I thought stock wheel offset for the new Tacoma was in the +55 to 60mm range? Though I haven’t seen anything official.

OP
OP

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
I thought stock wheel offset for the new Tacoma was in the +55 to 60mm range? Though I haven’t seen anything official.
I’ve never put too much time or money in aftermarket wheels so this is all new to me, and all the numbers are making my head hurt lol

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
I’ve never put too much time or money in aftermarket wheels so this is all new to me, and all the numbers are making my head hurt lol
Yeah the new generation is new to everyone else as well. We’re all still figuring what will work best. Mine was supposed to be here last week. Crickets from my dealer.

OP
OP

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Yeah the new generation is new to everyone else as well. We’re all still figuring what will work best. Mine was supposed to be here last week. Crickets from my dealer.
once mine was pulled off hold it was about 5 days till it showed up in tennesssee at the dealer. Showed up Monday morning and I have to sit here and work all week and impatiently wait till this weekend to be able to make the 5.5 hr drive to go get it lol. It’s all good though, gives them a chance to let it sit in their showroom and show off a little bit.

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
I like the "beadlock" look and the bronze color, but prefer all black wheels (and NO chrome) for OR trucks; had them on my '21 Silverado Trail Boss and '19 Sierra Elevation and currently on my '22 Bronco BD, and don't like the silver ring around the Taco's wheels. Take an aspirin and have fun with your new wheels, whatever you wind up with!

OP
OP

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
I like the "beadlock" look and the bronze color, but prefer all black wheels (and NO chrome) for OR trucks; had them on my '21 Silverado Trail Boss and '19 Sierra Elevation and currently on my '22 Bronco BD, and don't like the silver ring around the Taco's wheels. Take an aspirin and have fun with your new wheels, whatever you wind up with!
yeah I’m the same way. I think the factory 17” wheels on the 24 OR are ugly. My wife thinks they are fine and says that she doesn’t see a reason why I need to spend a couple thousand on new wheels and tires. I was like well, it’s not your truck, so you wouldn’t have as much of a vested interest in how it looks, would you? Lol she’s never cared much about how vehicles look though. I’m the one who blacked out her vehicle, and picked out the wheels and stuff. She was really glad I did, but she would have been fine without me doing it.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
once mine was pulled off hold it was about 5 days till it showed up in tennesssee at the dealer. Showed up Monday morning and I have to sit here and work all week and impatiently wait till this weekend to be able to make the 5.5 hr drive to go get it lol. It’s all good though, gives them a chance to let it sit in their showroom and show off a little bit.
To heck with that! I don't want a bunch of people in my truck, accidentally scratching my truck, or even worse driving my truck. I don't even want the PID, but I know that will happen! I'd drive it off the damned truck if they'd let me. I'd feel a cough coming on real quick.... heck, you may have covid :)

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
yeah I’m the same way. I think the factory 17” wheels on the 24 OR are ugly. My wife thinks they are fine and says that she doesn’t see a reason why I need to spend a couple thousand on new wheels and tires. I was like well, it’s not your truck, so you wouldn’t have as much of a vested interest in how it looks, would you? Lol she’s never cared much about how vehicles look though. I’m the one who blacked out her vehicle, and picked out the wheels and stuff. She was really glad I did, but she would have been fine without me doing it.
Yes, I got questioned quite a bit when FedEx was on my cameras bringing down my wheels. She was really mad that i got them before the truck got here, but they were supposed to take two weeks and only took two days.
Sponsored