• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

How to get the same payload in a North American ranger as you get in Oz?

theek

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda
Occupation
Engineer
Current 5G 4x4 Crew Cab ranger payload in Canada: 730Kg or 1606 lbs.
Australian payload in 6G: More, 980Kg

1. Why?
2. What would I/Ford/anyone need to do to get that payload?
Sponsored

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Buy a Ranger in Australia?

More seriously though, Australia is extremely strict on weights and measures of vehicles so it is a really big thing if you overload any of your carrying capacities. Maybe that is why Ford Aus spec. it higher for seemingly the same thing. To compete in this market, you really need around that 1,000kg payload otherwise people can't do what they want to do without paying for a GVM upgrade - which only improves things a small amount.

From what I have read and seen on Aussie FB groups a standard Wildtrack sags quite a bit if you go anywhere near the rated payload so maybe the 730kg Canadian spec. is closer to the mark on standard springs.

What are your GVM upgrade rules like? Can you just go down that route?

Devil6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
European Ranger Wildtracks also have a payload of 2,000 lbs and can tow over 7,000 lbs.

Makes you wonder why most F150s carry only/~ 1,500 lbs. Some cars can carry 2/3 of that.

The Ranger is so appealing with its smaller form factor. I wish it was better.
Sponsored