Sponsored

Hybrid Tacoma release date??!

Tacocat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Any recent news or updates on the hybrids? Tried looking around and seems really quiet...
Sponsored

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I check Toyota's official Tacoma page every morning; prices for the hybrids are still at "Coming Soon". At May '23 unveil & all the expos they said the hybrids in the Spring, internal document reaffirmed it. We're in spring now, and based on the iForce trim rollout, IMO we won't see pricing until the end of spring, and trucks will begin to deliver later this summer/fall is my guess. Any sooner and that'll be a nice surprise. Not good IMO to still be withholding pricing on these trims. Spells a longer wait.

I don't think it's what Toyota N.A. wanted or planned for seeing how they pumped this truck during the Super Bowl, haven't seen a single 4th gen in Colorado yet, arguably the taco capital of the USA

Last edited:

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I check Toyota's official Tacoma page every morning; prices for the hybrids are still at "Coming Soon". At May '23 unveil & all the expos they said the hybrids in the Spring, internal document reaffirmed it. We're in spring now, and based on the iForce trim rollout, IMO we won't see pricing until the end of spring, and trucks will begin to deliver later this summer/fall is my guess. Any sooner and that'll be a nice surprise. Not good IMO to still be withholding pricing on these trims. Spells a longer wait.

I don't think it's what Toyota N.A. wanted or planned for seeing how they pumped this truck during the Super Bowl, haven't seen a single 4th gen in Colorado yet, arguably the taco capital of the USA
We will know pricing in April. Its when the media drives are, and have been talked about since last year. I know Youtubers who are going to the event, though exact date is under wraps. The whole thing is set up way ahead of time, and pricing is a key part of those events. We will know soon, everyone is just getting impatient. They were probably waiting to see exact pricing on the Rangers before announcing their halo trim pricing.

They never told us these would hit the roads the first day of spring. Spring is 3 months long.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
We will know pricing in April. Its when the media drives are, and have been talked about since last year. I know Youtubers who are going to the event, though exact date is under wraps. The whole thing is set up way ahead of time, and pricing is a key part of those events. We will know soon, everyone is just getting impatient. They were probably waiting to see exact pricing on the Rangers before announcing their halo trim pricing.

They never told us these would hit the roads the first day of spring. Spring is 3 months long.
LOL did not know spring was 3 months i.e. I'll take delivery of a '24 iForceMax Tacoma in November of '24 with a deposit submitted in July of '23 so that tier-2 media get to spam it for the summer 👌🏽

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Non-Hybrid production started on schedule, there’s no reason to say that the hybrid won’t. April 1st should be day one of production.. I’ve seen zero proof that any production schedules have changed, but everyone seems to think that there’s some huge delay and we won’t see hybrids until next year. Don’t believe the hype, especially when it’s coming from Univershul. (Tiny hands, smells like cabbage)

Type2Diabetes

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR - Silver

This is what I am being told as well on pricing i.e. April. Production started mid/late March if no delays. Deliveries May/June time frame again if no delays. This was from a fairly well connected dealer GM/owner in Ohio.

I’m new to Toyota’s interworking/ordering/scheduling (came from Ford) so take what I said with a grain of salt.

OP
OP

Tacocat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Thanks all for the info - I'm definitely one of those that are impatient. Want to make my descision!

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
It will be over priced...thats the new normal.......hmmmn......its a want...not a need for me or is it....haha

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It will be over priced...thats the new normal.......hmmmn......its a want...not a need for me or is it....haha
Anytime someone says this I’m curious what they think is a good price for this engine?

it will more than likely be $3k. That’s what it’s been for years in the tundra and others. Ford has multiple engine options in bronco and f150 that cost similar amounts and are not hybrids.

so I’m curious… whats is overpriced to you and how is this a new normal?

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
Land Cruiser First Edition just started getting allocations this week. I would suspect the Taco Hybrids should be anytime.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Anytime someone says this I’m curious what they think is a good price for this engine?

it will more than likely be $3k. That’s what it’s been for years in the tundra and others. Ford has multiple engine options in bronco and f150 that cost similar amounts and are not hybrids.

so I’m curious… whats is overpriced to you and how is this a new normal?
only 3k you got inside info?..Name any new vehicle in 2024 that doesn't give the average buyer sticker shock...any amount over 50K for a midsize truck is overpriced to me...I'll still most likely purchase one...

Last edited:

Fastfreddy128

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 CX5
Last February I went into my local dealer wanting to buy a Tacoma TRD PRO. Never being a Toyota owner before. I knew it would be Sept or Aug before I got 1. Price came out to like 63,000. I'm Canadian. So I expect the 24 trd pro to be 70cnd.

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
Last February I went into my local dealer wanting to buy a Tacoma TRD PRO. Never being a Toyota owner before. I knew it would be Sept or Aug before I got 1. Price came out to like 63,000. I'm Canadian. So I expect the 24 trd pro to be 70cnd.
70,000 CAD is 51,374 USD, which is less than the MSRP of the non-hybrid Limited. There is (sadly) no way it will be that low. Pro and Trailhunter will likely be low to mid $60s, possibly higher. The mid tier Land Cruiser with Softex and less options than come standard in the TH and Pro with the iForce Max starts at $62k USD. Granted they are made in Japan and the Taco is made in Mexico, but that pricing should offer some clues.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
The new Raptor Ranger is over $80kCAD. I would expect the TRD Pro to be in the same range. Hybrid Off Road will be around $70kCAD, so Pro and Trailhunter will be significantly more.
Sponsored