Sponsored

i-Force Max removed from 'Upcoming Vehicles' on Toyota.com - Coming Soon?

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Yep, all of their testing has disproved any and all hopes of the availability of the iForce MAX powetrain in the upcoming 2024 Tacoma models. Hybrid Tacomas have been removed completely.

OP
OP

4gtaco35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 trd pro
Yep, all of their testing has disproved any and all hopes of the availability of the iForce MAX powetrain in the upcoming 2024 Tacoma models. Hybrid Tacomas have been removed completely.
What do you mean?

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Can’t wait! Bring on the Hybrids 326HP and 465 lbs torque @ 1,700 rpm’s😎

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
Dunno about that. Toyota’s website still reads, “* Hybrid available Spring 2024.”

https://www.toyota.com/tacoma/

Considering said Spring is right around the corner, it shouldn't be long now before we see the announcement of… the USD $60K-plus Tacoma!

(BTW, not that it matters much, but my wife and I also put ourselves on a local dealer waitlist for a 2024 Lexus GX 550 Overtrail+, sort of a hedge in case the Trailhunter is a ghost or somehow terrible. It’s funny to me that the GX has the same size wheels and tires as the off-road Tacomas (265/70R-18), along with an even more advanced 4WD system that includes dual independently disconnectable sway bars for serious articulation with an RTI score of what could be over 600 — and a center diff that can be unlocked in 4-LO to prevent binding when crawling around the Target parking lot.)

OP
OP

4gtaco35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 trd pro
Dunno about that. Toyota’s website still reads, “* Hybrid available Spring 2024.”

https://www.toyota.com/tacoma/

Considering said Spring is right around the corner, it shouldn't be long now before we see the announcement of… the USD $60K-plus Tacoma!

(BTW, not that it matters much, but my wife and I also put ourselves on a local dealer waitlist for a 2024 Lexus GX 550 Overtrail+, sort of a hedge in case the Trailhunter is a ghost or somehow terrible. It’s funny to me that the GX has the same size wheels and tires as the off-road Tacomas (265/70R-18), along with an even more advanced 4WD system that includes dual independently disconnectable sway bars for serious articulation with an RTI score of what could be over 600 — and a center diff that can be unlocked in 4-LO to prevent binding when crawling around the Target parking lot.)
I was gonna say the same! Also they’re planning a commercial for the game on Sunday from what I heard I wouldn’t be surprised if our announcement is tied into that

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I was gonna say the same! Also they’re planning a commercial for the game on Sunday from what I heard I wouldn’t be surprised if our announcement is tied into that
My thoughts exactly, I don't expect Toyota to not have a grand hoo-ha coupled with this super bowl commercial, given how huge of a deal it is to them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put themselves into overdrive with production and distribution

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
lol that is not what the user nor the site implies

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD Pro
My dealer said he expects his first Pro/Trailhunter shipments to arrive in May/June. These Tacoma models will most likely break the the $60k+ price ceiling for the first time.

Fastfreddy128

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 CX5
My dealer said he expects his first Pro/Trailhunter shipments to arrive in May/June. These Tacoma models will most likely break the the $60k+ price ceiling for the first time.
Exactly, you would think Toyota would want to sell the highest priced Tacoma ever.

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
Can I ask where you're getting this information?