• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

I have my order in for a 2023 Ranger Raptor.

Bammbamm

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee (shopping for a ranger)
Occupation
Retired elementary school teacher
It can’t be in the Ford system yet, as they haven’t opened up the options. But I’m listed as #1 or #2 at my local dealership (they are going to flip a coin for fun since we both asked to put money down the same day… it makes no difference. They think their first allocation is going to be three trucks, so we are both covered.. Locked in at MSRP at MOST. $1000 fully refundable deposit. The 3.0 twin turbo V6 from the Explorer ST is the engine of choice.

I’ll be happy to track the progress of how it goes as we paddle along over the next four to six months. I’m excited. Right now my heart says to go for the “hero color” at release… orange. Talk me out of it. ;)
Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Congrats! Are you in Australia or Thailand?

I told my local dealer I want to be the first in the city to get one.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

Bammbamm

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m in the USA. Sorry I didn’t clarify that in my original post. The ordering system is “officially” supposed to open here within a few weeks. But since Jim Farley confirmed it was coming to the USA as an early 2023 model year vehicle then local dealerships can start building their unofficial order lists. They have to follow some different protocols because of the chaos that ensued with Bronco and F-150 Lightning orders.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Oh that is interesting that they are taking orders already since it hasn't been officially announce yet. Maybe I should call my dealer again and see what is up. Did you get any paperwork from them confirming your reservation?

OP
OP

Bammbamm

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It was unofficially officially announced on February 22, 2022 by Ford CEO Jim Farley via Twitter. He then confirmed in several interviews. The portal isn’t open for official vehicle orders… but… calling and getting on “the list” will assure that they enter your name in first once they can manually enter orders.

The only step we are waiting on is the options list and pricing. My quote now is unofficially $52,900 with Wildtrak and pretty much every option I would want. But pricing isn’t official until it’s official.

Sponsored

Adam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW M3
What part of the US are you in? Maybe I’ll call about that third allocation :)

OP
OP

Bammbamm

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m in Utah. One thing the GM of the dealership told me that makes this situation better is that “the list” is starting from scratch.

The nightmare with the Broncos was caused by them splitting allocations between the list of preorders and then randomly assigning a specific amount of vehicles that weren’t preordered based on previous sales and population in the area. It just went haywire. Then they goofed it on Bronco Raptor orders by offering them to those who didn’t have their orders fulfilled on 2021 Raptors. They are still trying to dig out of that mess.

Meanwhile… when they opened the Lightning list, they offered to let people jump to the front of that line if they still had an unfilled Bronco order. They also had people that had preordered F150’s claiming they thought they were reserving Lightnings.

Apparently the Ranger list is starting fresh and the regular Ranger and the Raptor Ranger will be two separate lists that should open at the same time. Dealers can take feelers now and create a customer account and lock them in as a customer contact. It’s probably wise to just go talk to a GM or a finance lead or someone over a department and ask what they are doing and see if you can lock one in.

OP
OP

Bammbamm

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That should say above on 2021 Raptors and 2021 Broncos… thus the car crash of a mess of a preorder list that they couldn’t keep up with or allocate fairly.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
this is interesting. i contacted my local dealer here in Wi and relayed some of this info and spoke to the GM who said he had no idea about any of this, but would look into it. haha
Commence the SH!T Show haha

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Yeah I just called my dealer in Southern Cali again and he says they still can't do anything yet, but assured me I am in the system as "call asap".

It makes sense though that dealers are making an unofficial list of interested buyers, but it was my impression that we were still a ways away out here in the U.S.

From other posts I've seen, production of Rangers isn't supposed to start until May 2023 which is still a calendar year away, which makes announcement and order banks maybe 2-3 months before then? And that isn't even confirmed to be the Raptor.

Anyways, I hope this is all true because I want to get on a list as soon as physically possible.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Yeah I just called my dealer in Southern Cali again and he says they still can't do anything yet, but assured me I am in the system as "call asap".

It makes sense though that dealers are making an unofficial list of interested buyers, but it was my impression that we were still a ways away out here in the U.S.

From other posts I've seen, production of Rangers isn't supposed to start until May 2023 which is still a calendar year away, which makes announcement and order banks maybe 2-3 months before then? And that isn't even confirmed to be the Raptor.

Anyways, I hope this is all true because I want to get on a list as soon as physically possible.
The dealership called me back after they talked to someone at Ford. They are under the impression that reservations should be able to begin in August with an official Launch estimated in November.
let’s hope this is somewhat accurate.

OP
OP

Bammbamm

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Let me clarify….. the point I’m trying to make is that the Ranger Raptor orders are going to be done entirely differently than the crapshow crapshoot that was the Bronco and then Lightning ordering process.

With the Bronco… ford’s marketing department thought it would be a great way to build a massive mailing list as part of the roll out. So, you would put in a request with ford corporate… which would have worked if they sold vehicles at the corporate level like Tesla does. But they don’t… they use franchisees.

The initial “reservation” guaranteed nothing, but it led to a phone call from your local ford dealer who then took your $100 down payment to “hold a spot”. These didn’t really hold anything. That is why they are still trying to make good on orders taken as early as 2020 for Broncos. This has gotten worse for their next two launches… the Everglades Bronco and Raptor Bronco as those have essentially been set aside for those who didn’t get their 2021 Bronco order filled and can switch to one of these special editions.

So… the official Ford plan on the Ranger and Ranger Raptor are to take orders at your local dealership that you want to do business with. The nationwide ordering scheme became a total nightmare. Ford has dealt with tons of negative press over it and Stellantis has done the same with the TRX orders. They’ve spent months clearing out mega orders from hastily established LLC’s based in Montana (for tax reasons). That’s why you’re seeing Broncos, F150 Raptors, and TRX’s at grey market used dealers that are selling them for $100,000 off of a used lot. How are they getting stock when customers who put down money 2 years ago aren’t getting cars? The messy preorder system.

So I’ve been talking about it with a few people (including Jim Farley) and the decision was made that we could reserve at our own dealership and the down payment is going to be $1000. This will hopefully make more legit end user buyers put down a deposit on one rather than an LLC out of Montana putting down $2000 and holding 20 spots in line. I mean… we will never get rid of shills and flippers… but we can try to make a better system.

The other point I was trying to make was that the 23 models should show up on time, which is typically the September before the new year. So a 23 model Ranger should hit dealerships right around Labor Day for the upcoming sales year. They have ended production of the 22’s in Thailand which was the first step in the switchover. They are finalizing the plans to get rid of any remaining 22’s here and to then bring the 23’s online. They also plan to bring demos like they did with the bronco that won’t be for sale for a few months, and word is those should hit hopefully by July. This of course depends on chips, covid, supply lines, etc. etc.

I hope as a shareholder of ford, a fan of ford, and a hopeful buyer of a Ford that things go as they are currently planned. The Maverick rollout a few months ago taught some more hard lessons and they just need to ramp up production to meet demand. But I think if you want one, then it doesn’t hurt to have a contact at a dealership that is known for following through. I’ll update when I get the actual forms and hopefully have pics of all options and packages and prices sooner than later. I’m going with Code Orange and Wildtrak as of right now, and that’s about all I care about as of right now. :)

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
What you guys are going is exactly what happened here in Australia last year, dealers started taking $500 refundable deposits and making their own lists. When the factory order book opened, it was first come first served so those dealers with lists had part of their initial allocation eaten up before they even started. The dealers with pre orders didn't really get any special treatment from Ford, so some people will be waiting quite a while to get their hands on their vehicle.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Let me clarify….. the point I’m trying to make is that the Ranger Raptor orders are going to be done entirely differently than the crapshow crapshoot that was the Bronco and then Lightning ordering process.

With the Bronco… ford’s marketing department thought it would be a great way to build a massive mailing list as part of the roll out. So, you would put in a request with ford corporate… which would have worked if they sold vehicles at the corporate level like Tesla does. But they don’t… they use franchisees.

The initial “reservation” guaranteed nothing, but it led to a phone call from your local ford dealer who then took your $100 down payment to “hold a spot”. These didn’t really hold anything. That is why they are still trying to make good on orders taken as early as 2020 for Broncos. This has gotten worse for their next two launches… the Everglades Bronco and Raptor Bronco as those have essentially been set aside for those who didn’t get their 2021 Bronco order filled and can switch to one of these special editions.

So… the official Ford plan on the Ranger and Ranger Raptor are to take orders at your local dealership that you want to do business with. The nationwide ordering scheme became a total nightmare. Ford has dealt with tons of negative press over it and Stellantis has done the same with the TRX orders. They’ve spent months clearing out mega orders from hastily established LLC’s based in Montana (for tax reasons). That’s why you’re seeing Broncos, F150 Raptors, and TRX’s at grey market used dealers that are selling them for $100,000 off of a used lot. How are they getting stock when customers who put down money 2 years ago aren’t getting cars? The messy preorder system.

So I’ve been talking about it with a few people (including Jim Farley) and the decision was made that we could reserve at our own dealership and the down payment is going to be $1000. This will hopefully make more legit end user buyers put down a deposit on one rather than an LLC out of Montana putting down $2000 and holding 20 spots in line. I mean… we will never get rid of shills and flippers… but we can try to make a better system.

The other point I was trying to make was that the 23 models should show up on time, which is typically the September before the new year. So a 23 model Ranger should hit dealerships right around Labor Day for the upcoming sales year. They have ended production of the 22’s in Thailand which was the first step in the switchover. They are finalizing the plans to get rid of any remaining 22’s here and to then bring the 23’s online. They also plan to bring demos like they did with the bronco that won’t be for sale for a few months, and word is those should hit hopefully by July. This of course depends on chips, covid, supply lines, etc. etc.

I hope as a shareholder of ford, a fan of ford, and a hopeful buyer of a Ford that things go as they are currently planned. The Maverick rollout a few months ago taught some more hard lessons and they just need to ramp up production to meet demand. But I think if you want one, then it doesn’t hurt to have a contact at a dealership that is known for following through. I’ll update when I get the actual forms and hopefully have pics of all options and packages and prices sooner than later. I’m going with Code Orange and Wildtrak as of right now, and that’s about all I care about as of right now. :)
Wait…okay i want to be clear, i am merely questioning you, not calling you a liar or making accusations haha i know how these forums can get…
Are you telling me that
1. You think the 2023 model will Launch in Sept?
2. You have had an actual conversation with Jim Farley about this?
If I read that right, please keep us posted to any other insider info you may have !
Sponsored