• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

asaldana

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2017
Occupation
Entrepreneur
As all of you know, the new generation will be built in Thailand and South Africa. So in Thailand, we are very lucky to find testing vehicles on the roads. Now after the worldwide presentation, Ford has removed all the camouflage from the pick-ups, letting us see how the New Ranger looks in the real world.

Enjoy it!! ? ? ?

staryoshi

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
It's evolutionary rather than revolutionary yet it looks so much better all around. High and tight butt with less taillight, modern headlights/grille, and a more substantial body presence. Love it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Thanks for posting this! I really like how they have a step in the rear bumper corners, this will really come in handy and hopefully come with our US Version. I'm still trying to warm up the the new front grille. I just wish they did something a little different and not try and make it look like a baby F150.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Looks muscular with that color. The tailgate is my favorite shape. Fenders and quarter panels have a cool shape. I am wondering if the front grill will turn into the Maverick look if it looses the bottom section for NA.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACHER
As all of you know, the new generation will be built in Thailand and South Africa. So in Thailand, we are very lucky to find testing vehicles on the roads. Now after the worldwide presentation, Ford has removed all the camouflage from the pick-ups, letting us see how the New Ranger looks in the real world.

Enjoy it!! ? ? ?

Looking good, at least from the rear and side! Thanks for posting!

Sponsored
OP
OP
asaldana

asaldana

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2017
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I just wish they did something a little different and not try and make it look like a baby F150.
I think that nowadays, most car manufacturers are trying to make all their models look similar, so people will identify their brand more easily,
there are many examples, Audi, Mercedes Benz, Honda (In the US you have only the Civic, in Thailand, we also have the City, which is a smaller sedan) take a look at the following pictures, they are almost identical...(I couldn't find pictures of the same trim level, but you'll get my point) ;)

Ford Ranger I spotted new 2022 Ranger 6th gens in the metal in Thailand City
Ford Ranger I spotted new 2022 Ranger 6th gens in the metal in Thailand Civic-2021

Last edited:

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I feel like the more i see it, the more i am becoming "meh" about the exterior styling... idk

Reactions: Doc

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
I feel like the more i see it, the more i am becoming "meh" about the exterior styling... idk
The North America version (P703N) will most likely have a bumper detached from the rest of the front fascia similar to the way that our 5G Ranger is different than the ROTW Ranger. In order to do that I think that "goatee like" styling element will disappear or be severely diminished. I think it is going to end up looking even more like an F-150 little brother.

staryoshi

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
The styling grows on me each time :O love it - curious to see how the front end changes for us

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
The tail light lenses are interesting. They kept the massive tail light lens, but gives you the illusion they are smaller.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
I really like the new look and have always preferred the size of the current Ranger. Now that it will be sharing the Bronco chassis Ford will have no more excuses for the single engine choice. If they still refuse to offer anything other than the 2.3, I'll be staying in the F-150 camp.

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
The tail light lenses are interesting. They kept the massive tail light lens, but gives you the illusion they are smaller.
They are definitely not as tall as the current Ranger, which was my biggest issue with them.

Ford Ranger I spotted new 2022 Ranger 6th gens in the metal in Thailand 21-23

Current vs New

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Thanks for the tail light comparison. I see they blend into the tail gate contours. I hope NA gets the tail gate brake light.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Thanks for the tail light comparison. I see they blend into the tail gate contours. I hope NA gets the tail gate brake light.
I don't now if we can have that in the US. I thought I remember reading something specifically about relocating truck brake lights from the top of the cab but its a DOT regulation. We all know our lighting standards are archaic compared to the rest of the world, and some of those provisions will be revised to be similar to Europe if Build Back America is passed. I am pretty sure you can add brake lights, but there are specific requirements for the top of the cab. I could be wrong though.
Sponsored