• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

RangerNW

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Army Green Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Middle School Head Custodian
I don't now if we can have that in the US. I thought I remember reading something specifically about relocating truck brake lights from the top of the cab but its a DOT regulation. We all know our lighting standards are archaic compared to the rest of the world, and some of those provisions will be revised to be similar to Europe if Build Back America is passed. I am pretty sure you can add brake lights, but there are specific requirements for the top of the cab. I could be wrong though.
Jeep Gladiator has an integrated brake light in the tailgateā€¦
Sponsored

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Jeep Gladiator has an integrated brake light in the tailgateā€¦
It appears they donā€™t have a higher light. Idk if thatā€™s because the top is removable perhaps but hopefully there isnā€™t anything dumb in our national DOT laws and that tailgate light is the only break light.

RangerNW

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Army Green Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Middle School Head Custodian
It appears they donā€™t have a higher light. Idk if thatā€™s because the top is removable perhaps but hopefully there isnā€™t anything dumb in our national DOT laws and that tailgate light is the only break light.
In the case of the Gladiator, it is because of the removable soft top.
Regardless DOT regs apparently are not restricting them from mounting the brake light on the tailgate, much like a Wrangler or Bronco just over the spare, or convertible cars at the base of the back window, etc.
I myself will be putting a shell on so it would be nice if the NA version retains this. Hopefully weā€™ll have our reveal soon.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman

Romans 10:13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu D-Max
Occupation
Teacher
Hopefully things are getting closer here in Thailand although this is a LHD version:

Sponsored