Sponsored

DarkVet

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500, Cadillac CT4 V
if you hold down the brake switch with your foot on the brake it will deactivate the automatic parking brake. And when it’s deactivated I’m pretty sure you’ll have a full time amber light showing it’s off. I’m just going to leave it on and treat it as if in manual mode like you suggested. I guess good to know that if you forget to set it, it will set itself.

Still trying to figure a way to keep iMT on all the time. Weird that settings like steering wheel heat and seat heat survive engine shut down but not iMT.
(y). Call me old school, but I used the iMT only once.. didn't feel like it make a difference in my normal street driving. I may use it when I go off road and see.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kielly

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
(y). Call me old school, but I used the iMT only once.. didn't feel like it make a difference in my normal street driving. I may use it when I go off road and see.
I do agree I find very little difference when using it. I'm slowly easing myself out of using it but until I can get these rev matches set to a T I'm having the iMT do most the work lol

OP
OP
Kielly

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Are you guys using the auto parking brake? I picked up a m/t yesterday and it feels very strange skipping that step. Also feels like it can’t be that good for the truck that you have to start off and then it disengages. I know it can be turned off so you have to set the brake manually, but the downside of that seems to be an amber dash light always on.
Do you mean the hold feature? The button above the actual parking break? If so I do use it quite frequently and made the mistake a couple times of releasing the clutch without gas and having it "pop" off, wasn't a great feeling. If you're using the parking hold feature you need to give it some gas before you reach the clutch biting point. Soon as you give it gas, the parking hold releases.

dshargs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Do you mean the hold feature? The button above the actual parking break? If so I do use it quite frequently and made the mistake a couple times of releasing the clutch without gas and having it "pop" off, wasn't a great feeling. If you're using the parking hold feature you need to give it some gas before you reach the clutch biting point. Soon as you give it gas, the parking hold releases.
No. The actual parking brake. It’s automatic by default. Will turn on when you turn the engine off, and will disengage when you apply throttle (provided your seatbelt is on).

OP
OP
Kielly

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
No. The actual parking brake. It’s automatic by default. Will turn on when you turn the engine off, and will disengage when you apply throttle (provided your seatbelt is on).
Interesting, I never actually noticed that. I'm going to have to try it later on see if mine acts that way lol. I noticed if you open your door it'll turn on, which is nifty.
Sponsored