Sponsored

Instrument Cluster Set Up (Changes On Its Own)

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Has anyone noticed when setting up a page on the dash that if you have the tire pressure “widget” as an option that the next time you go to turn on the truck it goes way to either the next “widget” or it’s just blank?
Sponsored

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
I have also seen that too. I’m trying to figure out if it’s one specific tab or if it depends on what you select. I have one tab with tire pressures and boost and that stays as is, the next tab is current trip and MPG and that also stays and the third tab is trip A and Trip B. When I change the tab with the tire pressure to show the wheel slip, that also changes. It’s when I try to select the temperature settings that it changes. Are you trying to set the temperatures?

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
I have also seen that too. I’m trying to figure out if it’s one specific tab or if it depends on what you select. I have one tab with tire pressures and boost and that stays as is, the next tab is current trip and MPG and that also stays and the third tab is trip A and Trip B. When I change the tab with the tire pressure to show the wheel slip, that also changes. It’s when I try to select the temperature settings that it changes. Are you trying to set the temperatures?
No. On one tab I have the Average MPG and the tire pressure. But when I turn the truck off for a while and go back to turn it on the tire pressure goes away and it shows the compass.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. On one tab I have the Average MPG and the tire pressure. But when I turn the truck off for a while and go back to turn it on the tire pressure goes away and it shows the compass.
I haven’t read the manual yet for those screens, just been trying to figure it out on my own. I’m have seen strange behavior after cycling the power like you claim. I think it will even let you select the same two items for each side which a good programmer would skip that as a selection if you already had it on one side and you weee trying to set the other. I wonder if number one is dedicated or something dumb like that.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s another weird one where it flips the distance and total time depending on which trip you have selected.
2024 Tacoma Instrument Cluster Set Up (Changes On Its Own) IMG_5658

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Here’s another weird one where it flips the distance and total time depending on which trip you have selected.
IMG_5658.jpeg
I just put the same thing on screen 1 and 3 to test out your theory if maybe it’s only certain screens. I tried to look in the manual but no mentions of what I was looking for.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Yes, initially I thought it was because I did not have the TPMS set at 30 PSI. I did that and the pressure gauge still does not stay. It may be because it is activated when you drive and the pressure are displayed when there is a reading and not overnight when it may deactivate?

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
I also have quite a bit of infotainment system glitches and delays to turn on sometimes I wonder if it even is going to turn on takes that long lol

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My screen 1 options on the left side were changed again this morning. This looks to be a bug. It’s only happening to screen 1 options for me. I swapped the two screen one options this morning to see if the left side changes again. I always have boost on the right and it stays while the tire pressures on the left change to something else. This is how I left it this morning. The active breaking was also acting a little weird for a while on one of my trips this morning.
2024 Tacoma Instrument Cluster Set Up (Changes On Its Own) IMG_5680

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
My screen 1 options on the left side were changed again this morning. This looks to be a bug. It’s only happening to screen 1 options for me. I swapped the two screen one options this morning to see if the left side changes again. I always have boost on the right and it stays while the tire pressures on the left change to something else. This is how I left it this morning. The active breaking was also acting a little weird for a while on one of my trips this morning.
IMG_5680.jpeg
Truck seems to have some bugs. I’m sure once more people make some noise about Toyota will push out an update.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There was also a feature in the app he first couple weeks that showed you how you were driving and I can’t seem to find that anywhere now. It showed you exactly what location you hit the gas or brakes too hard. Would have been handy when you take your car in for service as I know lots of Corvette owners have seen their cars abused when they took them in for services.

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
There was also a feature in the app he first couple weeks that showed you how you were driving and I can’t seem to find that anywhere now. It showed you exactly what location you hit the gas or brakes too hard. Would have been handy when you take your car in for service as I know lots of Corvette owners have seen their cars abused when they took them in for services.
I did see they updated the app but I never looked at that

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Can you set it up so it only shows the speedometer and fuel? That's all I really want to see most of the time.
Sponsored