Interesting Easter Egg - Japanese words projected onto the headlight cover

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Not sure if anyone has noticed that when you turn on the headlights on the 2024 Tacoma there are Japanese words that are projected onto the headlight cover. I don’t know Japanese but I can’t find anything about it. Look closely and zoom in. You’ll see it.

2024 Tacoma Interesting Easter Egg - Japanese words projected onto the headlight cover IMG_0645

2024 Tacoma Interesting Easter Egg - Japanese words projected onto the headlight cover IMG_0644
Sponsored

dshargs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
I noticed this the other night. Wondering if it's intentional. Anyone else been able to figure this out?

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2
My brother in law mentioned the same thing when he saw it the first time. The passenger and driver sides definitely don't look the same. It looks like "TRD OR". Took this photo while installing the DD switchbacks.

Maybe we're losing it and that's just the beam pattern...

2024 Tacoma Interesting Easter Egg - Japanese words projected onto the headlight cover D6DA31FD-D019-4F66-A891-CBA8D9FB75F3-COLLAGE

2024 Tacoma Interesting Easter Egg - Japanese words projected onto the headlight cover IMG_7233

2024 Tacoma Interesting Easter Egg - Japanese words projected onto the headlight cover IMG_7229

datkins

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 prerunner
Not sure if anyone has noticed that when you turn on the headlights on the 2024 Tacoma there are Japanese words that are projected onto the headlight cover. I don’t know Japanese but I can’t find anything about it. Look closely and zoom in. You’ll see it.

IMG_0645.jpeg

IMG_0644.jpeg
I noticed a “pattern” that I was trying to decipher. I tried to make it say TRD SPT, but it was a stretch. 😄

M40A1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD
Here’s another…. Open the driver’s side door and remove this cover:
2024 Tacoma Interesting Easter Egg - Japanese words projected onto the headlight cover 1714133858066

On the front side of the cover there looks to be some Morse code, and on the back there’s a QR code… scan the code with your phone.
Sponsored

Last edited: