Sponsored

Is the 2024 TRD Pro worth it anymore?

FoxTRDPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I’ve had my heart set on the 2024 TRD Pro since they announced it, but with this pricing announced it really is making me reconsider, and look into the Ranger Raptor or the Chevy ZR2. My hesitations are reliability though…

A lot of the Tacoma reviews that are out have stated that they liked the Ranger Raptor better and it’s almost $6,000 less.

I am curious to hear everyone’s thoughts on this.
Sponsored

RaskyR1

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ram 1500, '91 Toyota MR2 Turbo, '22 Ducati
I’ve had my heart set on the 2024 TRD Pro since they announced it, but with this pricing announced it really is making me reconsider, and look into the Ranger Raptor or the Chevy ZR2. My hesitations are reliability though…

A lot of the Tacoma reviews that are out have stated that they liked the Ranger Raptor better and it’s almost $6,000 less.

My math has the Ranger Raptor $8330 less than the TRD Pro (Including destination)

TRD Pro - $65,395

Ranger Raptor - $57065

I pulled my deposit on the TRD Pro and bought a full size truck instead.

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
Both of those trucks have lower MPG and the RR takes premium. PRO is likely to hold its value better (maybe RR will do OK with resale if the market isn't flooded with them).

I've looked at all of them, full sizes, SUVs, with an open mind. At the end of the day if the PRO is what drew you in, it's what you want. I'm not sure how much lower people expected the price on these to be where $64k is a dealbreaker. Do what makes you happy and what you can afford.

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I am pretty much dead set on Tacoma TRD Pro at this point. Not worried about reliability seeing that its a Toyota, and they have tons of history with hybrid platforms compared to other manufacturers. Ford has been littered with reliability issues and recalls the last few years. My brother is an engineer at Ford, drives a 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ Limited, and is getting a Tacoma TRD ORP Hybrid. I'll let you interpret that

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
It was never worth it before pricing announced in my opinion. Unless you're going to use the Pro off road for what it's designed to do it's just a waste of money for some fancy seats. Buy an offroad with the premium package and you pretty much got yourself a Pro minus the suspension.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

And where exactly do you think you are going to buy a ranger raptor?

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
There are a handful of them here in Michigan sitting on lots priced at MSRP
This comment really shows that you haven't done an ounce of looking.

ALL Ford vehicles get listed online including customer orders. There is 1-2 per dealership across the country. A canceled customer order will result in a massive markup. They also arent sitting on lots... They get listed online even before built.

Go ahead and call them and good luck on the search :)

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator

ALL Ford vehicles get listed online including customer orders. There is 1-2 per dealership across the country. A canceled customer order will result in a massive markup. They also arent sitting on lots... They get listed online even before built.

Looks like you're in the Detroit area, go drive passed North Brother's Ford in Westland and you'll see this one parked by the street available and ready for a customer. Drove passed it last week https://www.northbrothersford.net/v...3/2024-ford-ranger-crew-cab-pickup?type=lease

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator

Just called Suburban Ford of Sterling Heights. Another available RR at sticker https://www.suburbanfordofsterlingh...d-Ranger-ce6841cdac181c21ad0b84b31a731f08.htm

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator

Roy Obrien in St Clair Shores still has one too: https://www.royobrien.net/new/1FTER4LR9RLE02253.htm?fmccmp=t1-si;

Need I go on, or is that not enough? I pulled my deposit from Szott Ford in Waterford last month. I think I've done enough research ;)

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Now I know you're making things up. I called Roy O'Brien 2 weeks ago when both of those rangers were listed and they are customer orders. The black one was picked up 2 weeks ago lol

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
I know Ford Dealers add a markup more often than Toyota does but let's say you can get them at those numbers. How long are you likely to keep the truck? Historically how long have you kept a vehicle? All vehicles are great for the first year or two. (Or a few days in which these youtube people are making a recommendation) If you are gong to go out past the three year warranty, the data says go with Toyota. Less than three, go with the raptor. Toyota will have a higher resale value. That Raptor engine sound badass every time I hear it! PS- as a Toyota Fan boy, I think they came in too high on the pro and other trims.

TacoTraveler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
With all things that come standard on the Pro (and Trailhunter), it's almost worth it just getting one of the two depending on the mods you're looking to do on your Taco.

If you get an ORP priced around 58k at MSRP and want to do a ton of mods like bigger tires, new wheels, and lift, you're already bringing yourself up to the $60k - $61k range with those. Tac on other things like a tonneau cover and possibly a roof rack, that's an extra $1k - $2k or so putting you at $62k -63k with all the mods. Now you're in Trailhunter territory. $1k -$2k more you're in Pro territory. Might as well go with with one of the higher trims at that point that comes with the lift, etc standard, plus other additional features.

Now if you're looking to just get the ORP and not doing many mods, then it definitely makes since to get that or a lower trim. Just have to think about the additional stuff you're looking to tac on after you purchase your Taco.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many

I would never buy an "american" brand over the toyota, but ya...the pricing is insanity. Hold off a bit and watch. I suspect there will be big discounts and low interest on these before too long.
Sponsored