• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Is this Moab?

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
They mention Temple of the Moon which is Capital Reef, pretty close to Moab. Moab is on my bucket list. Side note, I will take that silver truck.

Reactions: DHH

philanderer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford raptor
some of it is in capitol reef national park. this large formation is either temple of the sun or temple of the moon, similar formations in the same area of the park. i have been there
Ford Ranger Is this Moab? 1679684488516

Ford Ranger Is this Moab? 1679685203332

and i believe these are the bentonite hills, in the same general area. been there as well
Ford Ranger Is this Moab? 1679684657532

Ford Ranger Is this Moab? 1679685076533

and this is on the same road i believe, where there is a fjord across the fremont river. ive done this. easy unless there has been recent heavy rains
Ford Ranger Is this Moab? 1679684879778

also part of the cathedral valley loop. an amazing drive in the northern part of the park. i cant recommend it enough. done it a couple time
Ford Ranger Is this Moab? 1679685403084

philanderer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford raptor
They mention Temple of the Moon which is Capital Reef, pretty close to Moab. Moab is on my bucket list. Side note, I will take that silver truck.
beat me to it. you posted as i was writing my reply:)

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
some of it is in capitol reef national park. this large formation is either temple of the sun or temple of the moon, similar formations in the same area of the park. i have been there
1679684488516.png

1679685203332.png

and i believe these are the bentonite hills, in the same general area. been there as well
1679684657532.png

1679685076533.png

and this is on the same road i believe, where there is a fjord across the fremont river. ive done this. easy unless there has been recent heavy rains
1679684879778.png

also part of the cathedral valley loop. an amazing drive in the northern part of the park. i cant recommend it enough. done it a couple time
1679685403084.png
Jealous. Been wanting to go there for years.

Sponsored

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.
Jealous. Been wanting to go there for years.
Same, its on my roadtrip bucket list under the grand canyon and those huge redwoods you can drive through

OP
OP

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Looks like I have a new destination to put on my road trip for 2026. I have a job that's tying me up for the next two years, but then it's new truck time and a huge road trip. :rockon:

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
Looks like I have a new destination to put on my road trip for 2026. I have a job that's tying me up for the next two years, but then it's new truck time and a huge road trip. :rockon:
Two years is a long time but it's gonna be so worth it. What's on the list so far?

OP
OP

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Two years is a long time but it's gonna be so worth it. What's on the list so far?
Two years is a long time only when looking ahead. When I look back, I'm always...."where the F did the time go". :crackup:

I'm starting a house build in a couple months and will probably be done early summer of 2024. I'll be taking that summer to enjoy the new place, then next spring/summer we'll be going on a long road trip. Could be 3 weeks. Could be 3 months.
Don't want to bang up a brand new truck building a house, so the plan is to get one of the new ones early 2025. If prices haven't come back down to normal by then (i.e: below MSRP), then I might wait another year before buying, and do the trip in 2026.
The only place we have on the trip "for sure" is Lake Powell. Will be towing the boat, so Powell is must. Other than that, we're just going to hit the road and decide as we drive.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
I'm starting a house build in a couple months and will probably be done early summer of 2024. I'll be taking that summer to enjoy the new place, then next spring/summer we'll be going on a long road trip. Could be 3 weeks. Could be 3 months.
Don't want to bang up a brand new truck building a house, so the plan is to get one of the new ones early 2025. If prices haven't come back down to normal by then (i.e: below MSRP), then I might wait another year before buying, and do the trip in 2026.
The only place we have on the trip "for sure" is Lake Powell. Will be towing the boat, so Powell is must. Other than that, we're just going to hit the road and decide as we drive.
You know what? This sounds like a great plan. Count us in.
Sponsored