Limited upper interior door panel is different

SS_T4R15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 4Runner Trail P
In one of the review videos I've watched, it was noted that the upper door trim at the window sill, where many of us put our elbow on occation, is hard plastic. I just noticed in a picture that the Limited Tacoma uses a different part in this area that has stiching. I'm wondering if it is padded on the Limited. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

2024 Tacoma Limited upper interior door panel is different Screenshot 2024-02-29 9.03.53 PM
2024 Tacoma Limited upper interior door panel is different Screenshot 2024-02-29 9.06.54 PM
Sponsored

Rick_Shear

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Yes, it’s not a thick padding, but it does have a stitched soft vinyl over the hard plastic.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
I rest my shoulder on it when I drive and it’s a bit hard and was thinking it would be a great aftermarket idea if someone came out with. Pad you can stick there with double sided tape. The pad could look like the ones that some people use in front of their keypads.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I rest my shoulder on it when I drive and it’s a bit hard and was thinking it would be a great aftermarket idea if someone came out with. Pad you can stick there with double sided tape. The pad could look like the ones that some people use in front of their keypads.
You drive weird, all hunched over like that?

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2
I've been thinking the exact same thing since seeing the Limited with it! Great aftermarket opportunity.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
You drive weird, all hunched over like that?
I wouldn’t call it all hunched over as this is one of the few cars I drive where I sit far back and my head is always making contact with the headrest. I lay my elbow on the rest up there and tug at the wheel every 15 seconds or so as I have a long commute and use the adaptive cruise control.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I wouldn’t call it all hunched over as this is one of the few cars I drive where I sit far back and my head is always making contact with the headrest. I lay my elbow on the rest up there and tug at the wheel every 15 seconds or so as I have a long commute and use the adaptive cruise control.
Just poking at ya, you stated that you rest your shoulder on the door,, I know you meant Elbow
Sponsored