• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
If this actually happens and comes to the US, I will be one of the first in line to buy one.

Not having a crewcab and 6'+ bed was my only complaint about the ranger. Even without the bed it's bounds ahead of the rest of the midsize(fullsize of 10-15 years ago) trucks.
100% agree. Had Ford brought back the Ranger with this configuration Iā€™d already be driving one. With the current gen basically 10 years old already (if you include markets outside of NA), I hope this configuration is made available in this next gen!

If so, Iā€™ll be next to you in the front of the line. šŸ˜Š
Sponsored

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
If thatā€™s a US prototype, Iā€™m going to be real sad if thatā€™s also the front end we get. Itā€™s not terrible but I was hoping for a split front bumper like the Raptor and 5g US Ranger. Iā€™m just not personally a fan of the bumper integrating with the grill like the 5g and 6g global Rangers.

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Lightning
idc about the side exit exhaust. Hell when I get one I'll probably cut the factory exhaust and shoot it out the side in front of the rear wheel

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP Mustang, 2006 GMC Sierra, 2015 Suzuki King Quad, 2006 883/ 1200 Sportster conversion
Occupation
Retired
idc about the side exit exhaust. Hell when I get one I'll probably cut the factory exhaust and shoot it out the side in front of the rear wheel

Ford Ranger Long Wheelbase 2023 Ranger Spotted in Melbourne, Possibly US Market Prototype 05BB4CA0-8784-455A-AFEE-32400D15515E

Sponsored

TrkNv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Ford now, finally, has me interested in a CC. I thought my next pickup was going to have to be an extended cab of some type to get extra bed which I use much more than my backseats. I hope they bring this to the USA!

Chris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Itā€™s a left hand drive so thatā€™s a good start it could be for North America. Ford needs to offer a long box for the next generation if they want to be competitive. They were in 2nd behind the taco for sales for quite some time when they first came back and now theyā€™re 4ish I think.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Itā€™s a left hand drive so thatā€™s a good start it could be for North America. Ford needs to offer a long box for the next generation if they want to be competitive. They were in 2nd behind the taco for sales for quite some time when they first came back and now theyā€™re 4ish I think.
I canā€™t agree more about a SuperCrew/longbed configuration! The Ranger is the only BoF midsize not to offer this configuration. Iā€™d be willing to bet other brands sell more of this configuration than extended cab longbeds.

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Lightning
I canā€™t agree more about a SuperCrew/longbed configuration! The Ranger is the only BoF midsize not to offer this configuration. Iā€™d be willing to bet other brands sell more of this configuration than extended cab longbeds.
I "built and priced" every other midsize truck with quad cab and 6'+ bed and all of them still fell short of the ranger even with the concession of the shorter bed.
The main issues for me that the rest presented was the gas mileage and customizability(power mods being #1).
I'm not going to buy a "midsize" V6 truck that gets similar gas mileage to my supercharged V8 truck. (This has always been a point of contention since the ranger came back to the US and I started looking at midsize trucks) And will always want more power in my vehicles and there's only so much you can do to a NA engine without pulling it apart.
Ranger (2wd) fits the bill for me with a 26 mpg rating and tunes readily available to get another 50/75 hp/tq and potentially getting better gas mileage from that.

Sponsored

Cods82

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 FX4 SuperCrew, 2020 F250 SCrew Tremor
Occupation
Self-oilfield
I've been stuck with the shortest of beds with the 2014 F150 SCrew FX4 initially had a fit getting an over-the-bed toolbox that would hold my tool cache and trying to clear the fenders inside the bed. Just realized I hadn't looked into Rangers bed length x width and if it's shorter than my current 5fter.

Mjet777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 limited
Occupation
Business owner CBD
I "built and priced" every other midsize truck with quad cab and 6'+ bed and all of them still fell short of the ranger even with the concession of the shorter bed.
The main issues for me that the rest presented was the gas mileage and customizability(power mods being #1).
I'm not going to buy a "midsize" V6 truck that gets similar gas mileage to my supercharged V8 truck. (This has always been a point of contention since the ranger came back to the US and I started looking at midsize trucks) And will always want more power in my vehicles and there's only so much you can do to a NA engine without pulling it apart.
Ranger (2wd) fits the bill for me with a 26 mpg rating and tunes readily available to get another 50/75 hp/tq and potentially getting better gas mileage from that.
Couldnā€™t agree more!

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Great to finally see we'll get more wheelbase options for the Ranger! I noticed that on the Car Expert site, the interior has a traditional shifter design instead of the goofy (in my opinion) e-shifter. Can anyone tell me what other markets are getting this design? Definitely hoping that it makes it to the US-spec Rangers.

-SG

OP
OP
bill_AUS

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Great to finally see we'll get more wheelbase options for the Ranger! I noticed that on the Car Expert site, the interior has a traditional shifter design instead of the goofy (in my opinion) e-shifter. Can anyone tell me what other markets are getting this design? Definitely hoping that it makes it to the US-spec Rangers.
The e-shifter is trim level (and engine option) specific here in Australia, from the product announcement brief:
"Standard on XLT V6, Sport, Wildtrak and Raptor only. Not available on XL, XLS or 2.0L BiT XLT"

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Yea Iā€™m in Wisconsin, not a lot of off-roading so that doesnā€™t matter much to me.
the reason I donā€™t like it is if youā€™re parked in a garage and starting the truck early in the winter all the exhaust hangs around in the garage vs a rear exit exhaust it will vent out the open garage door.
Should cost about $50 to have a muffler shop make it rear exit.
Sponsored