• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Maybe Got a Ranger Raptor Order...Maybe Not?

JohnBomb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Well, I've been in the process of trying to order a Raptor. It doesn't seem like the smaller dealer I'm working with has had much other interest in the Raptor, so they're taking their time trying to get everything right but it makes the process feels a little slow and disjointed. But I think I'm making progress.

I sent them my build and price from Ford.com last week, and this morning I watched them order it as stock. The system accepted the order, and its the dealer's only Raptor order so far. They tried to order as retail with my name attached to it, but that triggered some constraint errors and it wouldn't go through. I ordered Velocity Blue w/ beadlock wheels and the Raptor sticker/graphic.

I haven't put down a deposit yet, or signed any kind of written agreement that this stock order has been sold to me. That still leaves me a little uncomfortable. But I'm working with one of their senior sales guys (who also does all the dealer's ordering) and he's pretty busy closing more immediate deals, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's going to do me right in the end.

Fingers crossed, I suppose!
Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
You seem to be in much better shape than us who got put in as retail.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
Well, I've been in the process of trying to order a Raptor. It doesn't seem like the smaller dealer I'm working with has had much other interest in the Raptor, so they're taking their time trying to get everything right but it makes the process feels a little slow and disjointed. But I think I'm making progress.

I sent them my build and price from Ford.com last week, and this morning I watched them order it as stock. The system accepted the order, and its the dealer's only Raptor order so far. They tried to order as retail with my name attached to it, but that triggered some constraint errors and it wouldn't go through. I ordered Velocity Blue w/ beadlock wheels and the Raptor sticker/graphic.

I haven't put down a deposit yet, or signed any kind of written agreement that this stock order has been sold to me. That still leaves me a little uncomfortable. But I'm working with one of their senior sales guys (who also does all the dealer's ordering) and he's pretty busy closing more immediate deals, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's going to do me right in the end.

thats exactly what should happen based upon the bulletin dealers received on ordering raptors. I think a glitch allowed some to be entered as retail units and maybe now its fixed.

Or, as someone else has mentioned, which I have not a clue, maybe this bulletin only applied to a certain region or size of dealership. Seems ridiculous that it would not be the same across the board, but who knows.

But your experience matches mine, and makes sense based upon what I have seen.

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
thats exactly what should happen based upon the bulletin dealers received on ordering raptors. I think a glitch allowed some to be entered as retail units and maybe now its fixed.

Or, as someone else has mentioned, which I have not a clue, maybe this bulletin only applied to a certain region or size of dealership. Seems ridiculous that it would not be the same across the board, but who knows.

But your experience matches mine, and makes sense based upon what I have seen.
I phoned my dealer this morning & initially spoke with my salesman about the bulletin & he put me in contact with the general manager of whom his name is on my order preview. He said that he searched through over a month of correspondence from ford & found no such bulletin, he also said that he attempted to submit my order as stock but the system would not accept it so my order has been submitted as retail with a priority 10. I have yet to receive a email from ford though.

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
I phoned my dealer this morning & initially spoke with my salesman about the bulletin & he put me in contact with the general manager of whom his name is on my order preview. He said that he searched through over a month of correspondence from ford & found no such bulletin, he also said that he attempted to submit my order as stock but the system would not accept it so my order has been submitted as retail with a priority 10. I have yet to receive a email from ford though.

This is very interesting. This actually makes me feel a lot better since the dealer I'm working with also stated they don't have information about the bulletin and that they're waiting for allocations to open for them "soon" to put my order in. This isn't a small volume dealer either, they own 5 Ford Dealerships in their state and seem to be an extremely high volume business. I guess the part that is worrisome for me is they haven't even submitted the build yet unlike most other folks here

Sponsored

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
This is very interesting. This actually makes me feel a lot better since the dealer I'm working with also stated they don't have information about the bulletin and that they're waiting for allocations to open for them "soon" to put my order in. This isn't a small volume dealer either, they own 5 Ford Dealerships in their state and seem to be an extremely high volume business. I guess the part that is worrisome for me is they haven't even submitted the build yet unlike most other folks here
The waiting for allocations statement makes no sense as each dealership has already been allocated one RR. It appears as though your guy may not fully understand what is or has taken place.

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The waiting for allocations statement makes no sense as each dealership has already been allocated one RR. It appears as though your guy may not fully understand what is or has taken place.
I agree. I believe he's referencing 5 allocations due to their 5 locations, but I'm not understanding why he can't submit the order in now. He mentioned that he expected to be able to this week. I think I've sent one too many messages and he's clearly getting a bit put off by my persistence, not sure what my options even are at this point. I was going to just go around him by calling the dealership and asking to speak to an inventory manager but since I've already paid a deposit I might just give up and let them call me whenever they decide to call me, which at this point might be next year or something. I've put so much time into trying to order one (even taking the day off on friday), I just don't want to come off like "hey man, you're wrong you should definitely be able to order now" even if that might be the case. It's all a bit disheartening

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
Well, their allocation isn’t going anywhere if in fact they really do still have them, they can order at any time although it just puts you on down the list in fords eyes I guess.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't matter their volume. Each dealer only gets 1 the first production cycle. So in this case, size doesn't matter.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Goes back to what I said about the uninformed or uneducated dealers out there.

Sponsored

Tagtexas

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired

My situation sounds similar. I am working with a rural dealership in East Texas. I am meeting with them on Saturday to place my order. My question to you is - since they were able to take your order does that mean they had an allocation for a Raptor? i Suppose Ford wouldn’t have accepted the order unless your dealership was allocated a unit? I may be wrapped around the wheel on semantics but I want to make sure the order I place this week is the real deal.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My situation sounds similar. I am working with a rural dealership in East Texas. I am meeting with them on Saturday to place my order. My question to you is - since they were able to take your order does that mean they had an allocation for a Raptor? i Suppose Ford wouldn’t have accepted the order unless your dealership was allocated a unit? I may be wrapped around the wheel on semantics but I want to make sure the order I place this week is the real deal.
No they did not have to have allocation to take and enter an order. It just puts the order in the cue for when they do receive allocation. So putting in the order guarantees you nothing except that it might be pulled sometime in the future.

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called a different location under the same owner as the folks I'm working with, asked to speak to sales manager. Basically got the same answer after he did some digging, told me orders haven't opened yet (for them)

Tagtexas

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I called a different location under the same owner as the folks I'm working with, asked to speak to sales manager. Basically got the same answer after he did some digging, told me orders haven't opened yet (for them)
Thanks. I read earlier in the messages that each dealer was given one allocation. Doesn’t sound reasonable. Can you confirm? Thanks again for your comment.

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I read earlier in the messages that each dealer was given one allocation. Doesn’t sound reasonable. Can you confirm? Thanks again for your comment.
The bulletin that states the 1-per dealer that folks have talked about here is real, and multiple folks I called confirmed it- HOWEVER, I've also talked to multiple locations that never saw that bulletin, nor have an allocation to order. So then there's the question of...did that bulletin not apply to all dealers in the country? And if not, how do their allocations work?
Sponsored