• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

MSRP is a pipe dream…

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota N130 (2nd Gen), Honda EF8, BMW E82
Occupation
Creative Content Producer
The people that said they found a 2024 RR at MSRP are either delusional, lucky or had inside connects. Maybe even all of the above.

Cheers to those who snagged it at MSRP.

I’ll be waiting patiently for the hype to cool down and try my luck again when the time comes.

In the meantime, anybody have any leads to MSRP? :)
Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
morons need to stop paying over msrp and the dealer markups will stop
but until then, the rest of us with a head on our shoulders just have to wait
How about showing a little restraint and respect for people that operate differently from your idealism instead of name calling? People pay what they are comfortable with based on their own situation and boycotting a big company for using market price is unworkable.

OP
OP
Fes29

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How about showing a little restraint and respect for people that operate differently from your idealism instead of name calling? People pay what they are comfortable with based on their own situation and boycotting a big company for using market price is unworkable.
Yeah no need to fuel the fire with all that name calling.

Would I pay above sticker for a truck I’ve been wanting since it was released overseas?

Yes but if it’s within my budget of course.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
The people that said they found a 2024 RR at MSRP are either delusional, lucky or had inside connects. Maybe even all of the above.

I’ll be waiting patiently for the hype to cool down and try my luck again when the time comes.

I called way too many dealerships to admit and I'd say I averaged about two dealers per major metro area only charged MSRP for the RRaptor. There aren't a lot, but they're out there. The problem is their allocations are probably long gone by now.

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Search for Ford Dealership Integrity Map, and input your findings. You can also see what people have written about certain dealerships.

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
I secured a retail order last week for MSRP in AL after calling around the country and using the markups website. I was good with waiting for a long time, and then randomly thought "why not start looking again for a stock order and see if I can get lucky and get into the first batch". I found one at MSRP yesterday in Montana. Have MSRP in writing from them, Stock order, priority code 20 in my desired specs. Just call around. You should see my phones call log, on the days that I've called around, there's like 30+calls made to different dealers. You've got to just put in the work but there are dealers out there that still have allocations.

And if you're ok with ADM's, a lot of the ones I called yesterday still had their allocation but for a low adm. While I certainly don't support ADM's, I won't insult folks that partake so those are out there too.

OP
OP
Fes29

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I secured a retail order last week for MSRP in AL after calling around the country and using the markups website, and then randomly thought "why not start looking again for a stock order and see if I can get lucky and get into the first batch" and found one at MSRP yesterday in Montana. Have MSRP in writing from them, Stock order, priority code 20 in my desired specs. Just call around. You should see my phones call log, on the days that I've called around, there's like 30+calls made to different dealers. You've got to just put in the work but there are dealers out there that still have allocations.

And if you're ok with ADM's, a lot of the ones I called yesterday still had their allocation but for a low adm. While I certainly don't support ADM's, I won't insult folks that partake so those are out there too.
Congrats!

Thanks for the motivation to keep looking! If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I have mine in writing from my dealer as well.

btguenther

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Platinum / 2005 Mustang Convertible

For me it was luck. I was working with a dealer on a Bronco and the news of the RR came in. I said I wanted one and he said I was first so he put the order in that Tuesday. I’m a repeat customer so no ADM for me. Good luck on your hunt!

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
twin turbo morons needs to stop paying over msrp ;)
Ahh, the innocence of youth. I remember it fondly. All my life I felt 10’ tall and bulletproof. Had a great career that let me retire early and move away to a nice mountain community with healthy retirement accounts.

Learned about Mavericks before Ford admitted it was real. Local dealer policy is MSRP 👍 Didn’t mind waiting nearly 11 months to get it as I have other cars and motorcycles too.

Ended up in ER day after Christmas after passing Kidney Stones and diagnosed with infection and Chronic Kidney Disease- out of nowhere! I may have 1-3 cancers as well that needs several more months of testing to sort out to conclusion. Worst case scenario is Bladder cancer where 5 year life expectancy chances are 77% and considered success. Already found negative on lung and liver cancer suspicions 👍

You think I give a $hit about a couple grand over MSRP right now on some specious principle that won’t change ADM anyway? I don’t even want to play the Ranger waiting game with certain delays and false starts and quality issues and recalls like the Maverick experience.

nope, I want my new truck ASAP before I even get final diagnosis on upcoming tests. Sitting on my wallet and not enjoying my new ride would be as stupid as getting voted off Survivor with a pocket full of Idols hoping I can gamble and win.

BTW: anyone that has an order in for MSRP better verify price protection and locked finance rates no matter how long it takes to actually get your truck. Ford bumps MSRP every couple months of production now and I don’t believe you are immune from that or increased interest rates or other incentives that were only offered at time of purchase. Check your fine print…

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
No Raptor orders can be price locked currently and are subject to a MSRP increase up until the build order begins. If a dealership has told a customer otherwise they are just flat out lying. This was a dealer bulletin sent out no to long ago.