Sponsored

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
hard to take the review too seriously, thereā€™s no such whistle noise unless thereā€™s something aftermarket on that truck. Also, doesnt know what a trailer brake button is. Just a ā€œI donā€™t know what that button doesā€. Pretty bad, one would think when spending that kind of money on a truck you knew what you were buying.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
hard to take the review too seriously, thereā€™s no such whistle noise unless thereā€™s something aftermarket on that truck. Also, doesnt know what a trailer brake button is. Just a ā€œI donā€™t know what that button doesā€. Pretty bad, one would think when spending that kind of money on a truck you knew what you were buying.
I didnā€™t know what the brake hold did on my wifeā€™s Rav4 for over a year. Toyota buyers arenā€™t used to technology being part of the package. The idea that someone canā€™t buy a vehicle because it has features they arenā€™t aware of is kind of silly.

As per the turbo noise, thatā€™s how they sound when revved up without a load on it. See below.

Last edited:

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
That noise at the end of the video can't be the turbo spooling up, can it? If so, that just doesn't sound right to me.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
That noise at the end of the video can't be the turbo spooling up, can it? If so, that just doesn't sound right to me.
Yes actually, I have heard that in another video. Let me find a link to it.

he is intentionally revving it up at the part of the video. It must be the OEM waste gate.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Well, some people don't tow enough to need it. I personally have never towed anything heavy enough to need to use one. Could've read the manual though.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didnā€™t know what the brake hold did on my wifeā€™s Rav4 for over a year. Toyota buyers arenā€™t used to technology being part of the package. The idea that someone canā€™t buy a vehicle because it has features they arenā€™t aware of is kind of silly.
Think youā€™re missing the point. To not know what a brake hold does is one thing. To buy a truck, that has a built in hitch, as well as a built in trailer brake system, (as most trucks do now a days) and then do a review on a truck and not know what the button does Isnā€™t professional. Most people buy a truck because they need to tow or plan to tow, and trucks tow more than cars or SUVā€™s do. Towing and the availability of a trailer brake system is so often talked about when reviewing a truck. Some reviews exclusively review on how a truck tows, its capacity tow and the features it has for towing, such as around view cameras etc. then to have these whooshing sounds at the end of the video leading people to believe itā€™s the turbo noise and then getting comments that the turbo noise is so cool. That noise doesnā€™t exist in the 2024 Tacoma. Iā€™m merely pointing out that this guy also noted that itā€™s his first YouTube video, and itā€™s abundantly clear. In order for this guy to continue to do reviews on trucks, and post them to YouTube and then in a forum as specific as the Tacoma4G where many like myself can see right through a fake/poor/useless review needs to maybe put a little more thought into becoming the next YouTube sensation for truck reviews šŸ˜‚.

ScottyTaco

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco and camry
sounds awesome to me like a high out put motor. listen to all turbo diesels and high end BMW's, gtrs ext. looks like Toyota took some pages out of the bmw playbook with the 2.4.... I wonder how much boost this engine puts out....?

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, some people don't tow enough to need it. I personally have never towed anything heavy enough to need to use one. Could've read the manual though.
The whooshing noise in the video as well - itā€™s fake. The Tacoma does not make that noise. All around a guy who has no clue. If you didnā€™t know what the button does, why wouldnā€™t you just edit it out of the video or not mention it at all?

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
Iā€™ve drove a new Tacoma, there is no noise like that coming from the turbo
I drove one too, the phone picks up the sound a bit different although it's definitely similar.
Sponsored