Sponsored

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
You sound like me. I’m closely following the allocations for my local dealerships. I find it super frustrating that the Off-Road models all have crap I do not want, like predator steps (which seem like a liability off-road and offer little practical use), spray-on liner (which I despise), $130 exhaust tip, rip-off $699 ToyoGuard, $80 phone cables, dash cam (I already own a better dash cam), hood and door protection, etc. that just add thousands to an already pricey truck. They are simply money grabs for dealerships and distributors (like the SET mafia) and I refuse to be part of the problem. There may be people out there who are financing and think spreading a few extra thousands over five years makes little difference, but I am planning on paying cash for most or all of my truck purchase, so it matters a lot to me. I’ve had several salesmen try to push this crap on me and I told them not to bother contacting me unless they have a TRD OR with the 14” display, heated cloth seats, audio upgrade, and preferably in Ice Cap (I love the contrast with the black trim). I told them I am in no hurry and am willing to wait for what I want. I’m also looking at dealerships further away, as I’m willing to drive a few hours if it means getting what I want. I’m also curious to see what the price and allocations of the hybrid model will look like in the coming months. I don’t need or necessarily want a hybrid (more complexity and expensive components), but if I can find a hybrid with the options I want and none of the bull, I’d be more inclined to spend that extra cash on the hybrid powertrain (versus wasting money on useless dealer/distributor crap). I’m patient and can wait out the initial demand that drives “market adjustments”.
Exactly where I'm coming from; great minds DO think alike!
Sponsored

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
How does the black out kit work, is it overlays on badges or is it new parts? Thinking about the grill in particular.

HCTacoFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Updated 2/9/24 with delivered photos & first impressions / review

I put around 50 miles on my truck today while doing odds & ends, and just cruising. The frame on the 24 really does feel stiffer, and I loved the way that it tracked and kept its composure while driving through some of the shittiest roads we have available.

To me, the truck feels bigger when behind the wheel vs. the 3rd Gen Tacoma. We already know that it is, spec sheets have given us the width and wheelbase numbers for some time now, but I was curious as to how much it would really stand out to me. Quite frankly, it's obvious, and I like it.

Lots of nice people today complimented me on it. One guy stopped me while I was walking out of a gas station. During our conversation, he called the truck a Tundra twice, and I didn't correct him, it looks like a Tundra.

For the engine and transmission, they're great, and mashing the gas pedal while going slow or leaving from a dead stop is such a huge improvement. On the highway though, if you're already moving quickly and mash on the gas, you'll find out like I did that the previous Gen's V6 does that better. In my opinion anyway.

I'm going to try and make a video tomorrow talking about other things on the truck.

img_1541-jpg.jpg

img_1549-edit-jpg.jpg

Original post 2/6/24:

I put a $500 hold on a Solar Octane TRD OR from Jim Norton Toyota in Oklahoma City, they told me to expect it in late February/early March.

My sales person called me today and told me they have my truck on the lot waiting for me. I suspect that they pulled it from their second dealership in Tulsa, but I dunno. Anyway, I'm picking it up on Thursday since I have that day off from work.

From the photos my salesperson sent me, the truck has no chin spoiler installed, so that's a plus! :)

IMG_5885.jpg
IMG_5886.jpg
IMG_5884.jpg
IMG_5887.jpg
Dang, that is one beautiful truck!
Sponsored