Sponsored

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
Updated 2/9/24 with delivered photos & first impressions / review

I put around 50 miles on my truck today while doing odds & ends, and just cruising. The frame on the 24 really does feel stiffer, and I loved the way that it tracked and kept its composure while driving through some of the shittiest roads we have available.

To me, the truck feels bigger when behind the wheel vs. the 3rd Gen Tacoma. We already know that it is, spec sheets have given us the width and wheelbase numbers for some time now, but I was curious as to how much it would really stand out to me. Quite frankly, it's obvious, and I like it.

Lots of nice people today complimented me on it. One guy stopped me while I was walking out of a gas station. During our conversation, he called the truck a Tundra twice, and I didn't correct him, it looks like a Tundra.

For the engine and transmission, they're great, and mashing the gas pedal while going slow or leaving from a dead stop is such a huge improvement. On the highway though, if you're already moving quickly and mash on the gas, you'll find out like I did that the previous Gen's V6 does that better. In my opinion anyway.

I'm going to try and make a video tomorrow talking about other things on the truck.

2024 Tacoma My 2024 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD is delivered (a month early)! -- Photos & Owners Review img_1541-

2024 Tacoma My 2024 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD is delivered (a month early)! -- Photos & Owners Review img_1549-edit-

Original post 2/6/24:

I put a $500 hold on a Solar Octane TRD OR from Jim Norton Toyota in Oklahoma City, they told me to expect it in late February/early March.

My sales person called me today and told me they have my truck on the lot waiting for me. I suspect that they pulled it from their second dealership in Tulsa, but I dunno. Anyway, I'm picking it up on Thursday since I have that day off from work.

From the photos my salesperson sent me, the truck has no chin spoiler installed, so that's a plus! :)

2024 Tacoma My 2024 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD is delivered (a month early)! -- Photos & Owners Review IMG_5885
2024 Tacoma My 2024 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD is delivered (a month early)! -- Photos & Owners Review IMG_5886
2024 Tacoma My 2024 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD is delivered (a month early)! -- Photos & Owners Review IMG_5884
2024 Tacoma My 2024 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD is delivered (a month early)! -- Photos & Owners Review IMG_5887
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

RGk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
trucks
Congrats OP! That's a great color on the OR. I do believe you'll be the first owner in the US on these forums.

Will be interested in your review and thoughts coming from a 2019 SR5. You keeping both?

BigDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma PreRunner (future)
Wow a month early! Would this allocation happen to have had sway bar disconnect before and then removed? I know some others had their dates pulled up bc of that.

Anywho congratulations, great looking truck.

OP
OP
Visa_Declined

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
Would this allocation happen to have had sway bar disconnect before and then removed?
I don't think so, this truck is the lower end OR with the 8" screen, no sliding rear window, or other amenities. I didn't spec the truck out, when I first arrived at the dealership, I simply told them I wanted a Solar Octane TRD Off Road, and they said that they had the Underground and Solar Octane models already coming, so I just took what they had available.

My truck has $2,772 dollars worth of Distributer installed packaging, $895 dollars of dealer installed packaging, and $485 dollars of factory installed packaging. The only thing I really cared about in all of that stuff was the black-out kit, the rest is a bunch of bullshit IMO. The total price was $48,547 dollars.

congratulations, great looking truck.
Thank you I appreciate it!

Holdntight

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
That's my color! I'm orange with envy seeing all these deliveries.

Visa - are you driving the V6 currently? I'll be interested how the upgraded 4cyl compares in the new Taco.

Wukong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Congrats! You must have an iron will, I'd be down there within the hour of finding out my truck arrived at the dealer. 😆

Any upgrades planned yet?

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
I don't think so, this truck is the lower end OR with the 8" screen, no sliding rear window, or other amenities. I didn't spec the truck out, when I first arrived at the dealership, I simply told them I wanted a Solar Octane TRD Off Road, and they said that they had the Underground and Solar Octane models already coming, so I just took what they had available.

My truck has $2,772 dollars worth of Distributer installed packaging, $895 dollars of dealer installed packaging, and $485 dollars of factory installed packaging. The only thing I really cared about in all of that stuff was the black-out kit, the rest is a bunch of bullshit IMO. The total price was $48,547 dollars.

Thank you I appreciate it!
The black out costs about $200, so what's the other $4000? For that much you could have gotten the upgrade w/options! That being said, you now have a 2024 Taco that you really wanted, so congrats!

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
It seems like nearly all of the OR's delivered so far have the predator steps installed. Kind of funny considering most people actually off-roading them would probably remove those for more clearance haha. They look great, but I'm hoping mine doesn't have them. Supposedly the Canadian ones just come with the running boards. Time will tell!

JAWS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
It seems like nearly all of the OR's delivered so far have the predator steps installed. Kind of funny considering most people actually off-roading them would probably remove those for more clearance haha. They look great, but I'm hoping mine doesn't have them. Supposedly the Canadian ones just come with the running boards. Time will tell!
They eventually get removed, either willingly or unwillingly lol. Why they stick those on OR models boggles my mind.