dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Fantastic to hear! Been a long time Toyota guy , I just went with Ford for 0% financing and give them another shot. I love the truck but I do not trust it past 50K miles. That's why I am moving on. My favorite truck I ever had was a 04 Tundra Access cab. About the same size of a new Tacoma. I have 3 kids that will be getting their Drivers License in the next 4 years. So this next truck needs to last , ill be buying their cars not me new ones haha.. A couple months (8) back my parents needed to borrow my truck for the weekend. So I took their 2023 Camry and I loved how agile it was, I could park anywhere , couple kids can fit in the back and the MPG was way better than my 17 in my ford. So thought to myself man if it only had a bed. Fast foward through many test drives with the 23 Tacoma and 24 Tundra. I just didn't love the look of the tundra , and it's huge I really want a smaller vehicle. I liked the 23 Tacoma just needed updated. But I loved the tech inside the tundra so I really feel 24 Taco is the best of both worlds for me. If I'm going on short trip I can throw a couple kids in back and they will survive for an hour or so. When traveling far we take the Sienna anyways. How is the lane centering on the Tacoma? the wife's Sienna is not very good but its also a couple versions older. its a 21 Sienna. Excited for Key Card and all the tech.
The Tacoma has a lot of the safety features with the Toyota Safety Sense 3.0. I don’t use them all though. I had them on for the first couple of weeks to test. The lane center feature only works when you have adaptive cruise control active and you’re using it. The lane assist feature is not and has never been my feature. I don’t like the computer driving for me and sometimes I do get over without a blinker (sue me lol) and it tries to kick me back and I don’t like it. There’s a PDA feature that senses your surroundings and will break for you based on the car in front of you. It’ll break for you when you come up to a stop sign. It doesn’t fully break but it slows down for you. It’ll also help you when driving through curving roads and if you’re driving next to parked cars. I turned that off too because it wasn’t always accurate and would try and stop for me when there wasn’t a car around. What I do like is that it has a million sensors front and back and and the cameras will activate and show on the screen when something comes close to the car or if you’re driving and get close to something.
Sponsored

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
I appreciate the heck out of you first adapters...No complaints about my 3rd gen...just with 75K its getting long in the tooth for me...I'm trying to wait for the Hybrid...But who knows

NHTaco

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 TRD Sport Pr / prior '19 & '21 Tacoma Limited
Great review. I'm enjoying my Sport premium that I picked up on Saturday. Just ordered a new set of wheels and tires last night that should arrive Friday or Monday then I'll post some pics with the new setup. Enjoy your new Tacoma.
Sponsored