Sponsored

New Tacoma - What Works + What NEEDS Work - Long Term Update [Texas Truck Channel]

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
I almost laughed out loud when they were talking about the pebble paint on the lower doors. I guess they did not know it is by design made that way. These are my home boys but they sure don't know Tacomas!

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
I almost laughed out loud when they were talking about the pebble paint on the lower doors. I guess they did not know it is by design made that way. These are my home boys but they sure don't know Tacomas!
I got a real good look at it when I was crawling under my truck this afternoon. It's not even noticeable when looking at it while standing a couple feet away.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a real good look at it when I was crawling under my truck this afternoon. It's not even noticeable when looking at it while standing a couple feet away.
Not sure how far the design goes back but the 2019 SR5 we bought had the same pattern of paint. I suspect it goes back a long way and as you said you don't notice it unless you look.

Last edited:

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I like these dudes, but they’re definitely not detail oriented.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
I gotta find that field and pick up those Predator side steps.

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
I would never consider 3 weeks and 1200 miles a "long term" for anything, except maybe an avocado or banana. That being said, maybe they think the '24 Taco will only last a year or 2 and 30,000 miles (and VERY few, if any, people will still have a '24 Taco 50 years from now, so why complain that the composite bed will look like crap in 50 years).. They'd be wrong. Also funny that they spent a lot of time complaining about stuff that they later called "massive improvements" and "best in class". All that being said, they did raise some good points, and I'm still really looking forward to getting a 6' bed OR, probably next year.

Msepa

First Name
Milos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 TRD Tacoma Off Road
Not sure how far the design goes back but the 2019 SR5 we bought had the same pattern of paint. I suspect it goes back a long way and as you said you don't notice it unless you look.
My 2007 TRD OR has it as well.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2007 TRD OR has it as well.
I think it is interesting if you know about the pebble paint on the lower doors you like it and if you don't you think something is wrong with your paint job!
Sponsored