• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

New Wildtrek Driving Review

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
As if he is going to saying any thing bad when he is under Ford's vigilance. He shot himself in the foot not knowing if the truck had coils or leaf springs. I would have liked a shot of the engine compartment to see how the Bi Turbo Diesel fit. Lot's of room in front of the motor for the 2.3L

drunkntigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE
Is this a full time 4WD or does the auto 4WD change itself from 2H to 4H on the need?

Pebkac

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus Titanium
Occupation
Engineer
Here's another review I just saw posted from Thailand.

OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I wonder if the US will get a Wildtrak variant?

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I wonder if the US will get a Wildtrak variant?
Since the Wildtrack is comparable to the Tremor, Iā€™d guess Ford will stick with familiar naming conventions in their respective markets??? Iā€™m hopeful of a ā€˜23 Tremor myself (especially if available in a SuperCrew/longbed configuration).

Last edited:

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's another review I just saw posted from Thailand.
interesting that the gear shift in the truck he has isn't the small gear selector they've been showing in the reveals. it isn't locked behind a specific trim, is it?

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Since the Wildtrack is comparable to the Tremor, Iā€™d guess Ford will stick with familiar naming conventions in their respective markets??? Iā€™m hopeful of a ā€˜23 Tremor myself (especially if available in a SuperCrew/longbed configuration).
Agreed. I'm 99.9% confident there will be no Wildtrak in NA....ever. I'm 50/50 if Ford will have a Tremor version. If there's a 2.7l Tremor option, then that's the route I'll go. I wanted a Raptor, but realistically, I could put a crap load of $$ into a Tremor or Lariat with the money saved.

I'm rooting for a SC/longbed also. šŸ¤ž I don't need one, but I believe there is a market for it.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
interesting that the gear shift in the truck he has isn't the small gear selector they've been showing in the reveals. it isn't locked behind a specific trim, is it?
Pre-production cars are going to have a real mix of bits in them, and not all markets will get the same equipment.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Our Tremor is the FX4 Max in the outgoing model. The Wildtrak is a mix of US Lariat with a bit of FX4 thrown in.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As if he is going to saying any thing bad when he is under Ford's vigilance. He shot himself in the foot not knowing if the truck had coils or leaf springs. I would have liked a shot of the engine compartment to see how the Bi Turbo Diesel fit. Lot's of room in front of the motor for the 2.3L
The BiTurbo fits with miles of room, the outgoing 3.2 five cylinder has space up front. This is the Biturbo in the outgoing model and it's not too different in the new model:
Ford Ranger New Wildtrek Driving Review Ford-Ranger-Raptor-engine-performance-review

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
The BiTurbo fits with miles of room, the outgoing 3.2 five cylinder has space up front. This is the Biturbo in the outgoing model and it's not too different in the new model:
Ford-Ranger-Raptor-engine-performance-review.jpg
Is that the large diesel. Maybe the expanded room is for the Gas 3L Raptor. First picture is the Bronco 2.7L, second picture 2.3 L

Attachments

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Amazing how clutter the 2.7L is to make emissions. It has the extra Turbo. The 2.3L is less intimidating.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is that the large diesel. Maybe the expanded room is for the Gas 3L Raptor. First picture is the Bronco 2.7L, second picture 2.3 L
It's the 2L Bi Turbo Diesel. This is the now defunct 3.2 inline 5 cylinder:
Ford Ranger New Wildtrek Driving Review ford-ranger-wildtrak-ute-2
Sponsored