• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
As I have said if you need a truck in 2023 I would go with the Chevy. You will still be waiting along time for the Ranger after the release date.
US Ranger production supposed to start May 25, 2023. Probably a moving target, but I'd still expect to see some hitting the streets by 4Q 2023. At least these don't have to come from Mexico like my Maverick did! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
ICE are hitting their pinnacle of efficiency. If I can afford or finance a Ranger I will go with the ICE having hopefully the truck for over 10 years. The PHEV just adds more components to fail. Like the EV the batteries only last so long. I also do not have a place to plug one in at my apartment. Hydrogen also could be a better option in the future. Toyota is heading partly in that direction. Where Ford is an all or nothing attituded towards EV's.
only the "e" company. ICE company will continue on profitably with Mustang + all the truck ranges (Maverick to F-750? Super duty, RV cutaways, etc.), vans, farm equip, fleet, rentals, etc. Also, 1/3 of existing dealer network (~3,000 total dealers) refused Ford's terms for selling the Electric vehicles and upgrading facilities, so there will be at least 1,000 dealers across the US dedicated to ICE, sales, service, support only. Food for thought.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
The dealers have a choice to go all in on the Ford EV's in the future. Ford has not closed the door on the dealers who have not bucked up currently. I think Ford is asking 1 million per dealer to convert. Ford's is in one of the better situations to keep selling ICE motors say over Dodge canceling the Charger because Ford have sold so many EV's. The Government let's Ford keep selling the ICE because they sell a lot of Mach E and F150 Lightning etc. So far you can still sell ICE till 2030 in some States.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
To me as a Machinist, owning a 2.3L last of the 2011 NA Generations. 5 speed. Manual. Rated at 145 Hp. It can't be 4 Wheel drive. I do like to think it has lineage from the 70's Pinto Block. Yes I understand the mazda in 2000 with Ford redeveloping the 2.3L. Its come a long way. I think it will be reliable in the 310Hp. form. Forging throughout the motor. Enjoying the different way's to think about fluid dynamics. Just making the system better as a package.
The EcoBoost four cylinder engines are developed from the Mazda L engine, which is completely unrelated to the Pinto.

The next gen Mustang 2.3 is apparently an all new engine, developed from the 3 cylinder EcoBoost family.

Sponsored

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
The Chicago Auto show is Feb 11th - 20th for 2023.
I'd make an uneducated guess that an announcement could happen around then, especially if they intend to still follow thru with early May production start.
That was my thought. That is where I drove the '19 and got $750 off price. Close (150 mi) to Chicago and have been to the show quite a few times. As far as news on this I'm not sure there is much more in the threads here than on the Ford Authority website. I am only interested if the V6 is available and it looks like I will be forced into a crew cab, the V6 supposed to be in the 2024 model. I am sure the link is posted somewhere on this site which indicates the V6 coming with the 2024 model.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
That was my thought. That is where I drove the '19 and got $750 off price. Close (150 mi) to Chicago and have been to the show quite a few times. As far as news on this I'm not sure there is much more in the threads here than on the Ford Authority website. I am only interested if the V6 is available and it looks like I will be forced into a crew cab, the V6 supposed to be in the 2024 model. I am sure the link is posted somewhere on this site which indicates the V6 coming with the 2024 model.
I'll be sorely disappointed if we are forced into Crew Cab 😑 That was a compromise I chose when I bought my Maverick, but they are useless and a waste of space for my needs and lifestyle, not to mention it also forces me into a shorter bed too. I believe its been confirmed there will be a single cab with longer bed option, so hopeful there will still be SCab with longer bed too. Time will tell...

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll be sorely disappointed if we are forced into Crew Cab 😑 That was a compromise I chose when I bought my Maverick, but they are useless and a waste of space for my needs and lifestyle, not to mention it also forces me into a shorter bed too. I believe its been confirmed there will be a single cab with longer bed option, so hopeful there will still be SCab with longer bed too. Time will tell...
If it is like previous iterations I think the only upside is you need a crew cab to get the B/O sound system :) The smaller cabs look a lot better too IMO.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
If it is like previous iterations I think the only upside is you need a crew cab to get the B/O sound system :) The smaller cabs look a lot better too IMO.
that's what I'm hoping :thumbsup: Had 2 Early gen Rangers and numerous single cab other vehicles and as a younger guy it was all I needed. Then stumbled into a 2000 Ranger too good to pass up loss leader that was Super cab and it grew on me having the extra space behind me. Got another deal in 2006 on SCab Sport model and it just felt like the sweet spot to me from then on. We also bought a 2018 F-150 off the lot SCab Sport with Coyote V-8 + 6.5' bed and it's great. I'm 1/2 deaf so sound system is a non-issue for me :) Just wish they would hurry up and give us the basic details on offerings so I can stop wondering and make some decisions...

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Smaller cabs look better, Ford still charges for the B/O sound system, but it's not offered on SCab.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smaller cabs look better, Ford still charges for the B/O sound system, but it's not offered on SCab.
Sort of, perhaps.... not going back in time to price the two 500 series options, but you could buy the option that would have had the B/O.. If I remember there are options that came with the B/O that weren't something I wanted, and the non-B/O package had everything I wanted that was available in the SC. From my info/2019 brochure what you got (less B/O) was rain sensing wipers and windshield deicer which I could have cared less about, everything else you got, Tech package and remote start.
Sponsored