• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I do hope they still offer the Scab in NA. I think Chevy may just offers the King Cab in their new mid size trucks.

One of the things they most likely won't offer in the Scab is the PHEV. The floor may not accommodate the batteries.

Side note I just read that the Ranger Raptor does 0 to 60 in 6 seconds. Impressive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I do hope they still offer the Scab in NA. I think Chevy may just offers the King Cab in their new mid size trucks.

One of the things they most likely won't offer in the Scab is the PHEV. The floor may not accommodate the batteries.

Side note I just read that the Ranger Raptor does 0 to 60 in 6 seconds. Impressive.
Same. XL SCab + rear seat delete + 6' foot bed is my dream. Add FX-2 and I'm pinching myself and trading the Maverick!

Reactions: Doc

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Its interesting that the rear seat delete only comes in the XL. You can buy the parts from Ford to do that to the higher models. I would do that also. Its just that you have a rear seat that you do not want. If I can afford a new Ranger it would be the XLT FX4 Scab. Would comprises for the PHEV in the Screw though. I found it interesting that the volume of the newer Ranger Screw is larger then my 6' bed on my 2011 Ranger. I do want the 6' bed. My plan is to put a plate on the top of bed racks for a standard tent. The Roof Top Tent makes no sense to me, most people don't use it enough to justify it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
rear seat delete used to also deduct $200.00 on the build & price tool. From pictures on there it also saves the under seat cubby bins too :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
With the GM twins only offering a crewcab and 5’ bed configuration, this will give Ford a slight leg up. Now if they go a step further and offer an extended WB for a SuperCrew/longbed (6’ box) configuration? Nissan and Toyota still offer this in their midsize truck even if on limited trim packages.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
rear seat delete used to also deduct $200.00 on the build & price tool. From pictures on there it also saves the under seat cubby bins too :thumbsup:
What a lot of Ranger owners with the Scab do is level the floor with a flat platform. Lot's of ideas on the 5G site.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I have an idea, but one Ford will never do!

How about a basic two door cab, short bed (!), with a 3.0L, 400 HP, TTV6? Sort of a poor man's Super Snake! I'd buy one to be sure!

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
I am surprised Ford will still hopefully makes the Screw in NA. The Scab sells a lot more units. 2 Door long bed even more rare. We will see if they offer the 2 Door with no bed, then you can put your own platform on it.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
I also wish, but it won't happen, you could get the Tremor package on the Screw.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Last edited:

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe Z71, Mustang GT
My entire interest in the 6G is hinged on the availability of a supercab. Hopefully it comes to fruition

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
My entire interest in the 6G is hinged on the availability of a supercab. Hopefully it comes to fruition
I'd be real surprised if the SCab is available at the initial launch of the NA MY24 version. I'll bet they start with SCrews, and bring the SCab in 6 months later.

HRG
Sponsored