• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Order a New Ranger at 3% Under Invoice

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
Howdy Zach,

I’m looking at Ranger once my Bronco is paid off. So probably be a year from now. Do you know if there will be a reservation system for the new Ranger and if it will take 2 years to get one like my Bronco? Or do you think orders will get filled pretty quick.

I’m just looking at the standard Ranger. Probably XL or XLT, nothing fancy like a Raptor.
Sponsored

jezzza

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor RA
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Under invoice? That doesn't sence.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Occupation
Car Dealer
Howdy Zach,

I’m looking at Ranger once my Bronco is paid off. So probably be a year from now. Do you know if there will be a reservation system for the new Ranger and if it will take 2 years to get one like my Bronco? Or do you think orders will get filled pretty quick.

I’m just looking at the standard Ranger. Probably XL or XLT, nothing fancy like a Raptor.
Yes, that is a good question. I don't anticipate a waiting list and based on the XL or XLT request, It should be fairly easy to fill in a timely manner. Typically custom orders tend to lean towards the higher end, so a trim like that shouldn't be restrained.

FijiSun

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Under invoice? That doesn't sence.
Invoice does not mean dealer cost. I know I've seen plenty of RST chevies with the 5.3 or the 3.0 duramax for up to 7 thousand off down in Arizona. With high interests rates, repos up, and massive capacities at GM/Ford (talking over half million trucks/year for both), your talking inventories starting to pile up. Scary Mary at GM thought she could control the market by shutting down the line for a few weeks. Sorry Mary "controlling" the market ain't that easy. Mid size trucks have smallish capacities so I expect prices to remain high. Short story is work your deals on the full sizes. They get the same MPG's and with a good discount not much more then a mid size. Plus you have more capacity.

Yes, that is a good question. I don't anticipate a waiting list and based on the XL or XLT request, It should be fairly easy to fill in a timely manner. Typically custom orders tend to lean towards the higher end, so a trim like that shouldn't be restrained.
Last time they started up a new line for the Ranger was 2019. That was before the auto industry went upside down if you know what I mean. GM managed to start their line on time at Wentzville misouri. And its been allot of delays and contraints. EPA is working pretty slow these days as well. The new Ranger overseas has been a shit show. Lots of recalls and problems. Ford in general has been all about recalling everything these days. Jim Farley of Ford said the problem is so bad at ford that it will take YEARS to repair. That's about the time I decided to look around at other brands. Ford is a mess. And if you think they can pull off a new start without issues then your smoking it. Ford can't do anything smoothly as of late. They have some interesting products but the build quality is a joke. And if they don't put the 2.7 eco into the ranger it won't be able to complete with GM's 2.7 turbo which is actually a really good motor and overbuilt like a diesel. GM has set the bar and from what I've seen from Ford the Ranger is going to come up short.

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
Invoice does not mean dealer cost. I know I've seen plenty of RST chevies with the 5.3 or the 3.0 duramax for up to 7 thousand off down in Arizona. With high interests rates, repos up, and massive capacities at GM/Ford (talking over half million trucks/year for both), your talking inventories starting to pile up. Scary Mary at GM thought she could control the market by shutting down the line for a few weeks. Sorry Mary "controlling" the market ain't that easy. Mid size trucks have smallish capacities so I expect prices to remain high. Short story is work your deals on the full sizes. They get the same MPG's and with a good discount not much more then a mid size. Plus you have more capacity.

Last time they started up a new line for the Ranger was 2019. That was before the auto industry went upside down if you know what I mean. GM managed to start their line on time at Wentzville misouri. And its been allot of delays and contraints. EPA is working pretty slow these days as well. The new Ranger overseas has been a shit show. Lots of recalls and problems. Ford in general has been all about recalling everything these days. Jim Farley of Ford said the problem is so bad at ford that it will take YEARS to repair. That's about the time I decided to look around at other brands. Ford is a mess. And if you think they can pull off a new start without issues then your smoking it. Ford can't do anything smoothly as of late. They have some interesting products but the build quality is a joke. And if they don't put the 2.7 eco into the ranger it won't be able to complete with GM's 2.7 turbo which is actually a really good motor and overbuilt like a diesel. GM has set the bar and from what I've seen from Ford the Ranger is going to come up short.
Every brand has issues. Some more than others. Ex: GM recall on transmissions. Subaru Unattended Acceleration issues. List goes on.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
To highlight a couple more; Kia and Hyundai widespread fire issues, ongoing Takata airbag igniter recalls across multiple brands including Honda and Toyota, Tesla fires and self- driving mode problems, continuous Cyber truck production start delay + constantly shifting pricing on best sellers, etc. People thinking initial quality problems are limited to Ford, or any specific brand for that matter should review JD power and similar surveys for a reality check.

Also, I may be alone in this, but I regard Farley publicly admitting with brutal honesty the long struggle of solving Ford's ongoing quality and recall problems to be very important and positive. The 1st step to turning things around is admitting the problem. Too often denial, cover up and delay rules the messaging - but this is different.

jafo

First Name
Lino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Occupation
Sales
Zach,

When can we place an order for a new Ranger?

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Zach,

I was told by Granger when i inquired here through Zach that they are not going to take any customer's deposit or money or have any lists until order banks open.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Occupation
Car Dealer
Zach,

It sounds like by the beginning of June for sure, but sometime in the second half of May it should open up. I'm just not sure exactly when.

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Zach, do you know if its going to be similar to Bronco Reservation system, where you do it online, or more of the traditional route?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
Zach are you offering the ability to order the 6g raptor from your dealer without any markups? Had to deal with a crazy 30k markup when I ordered my first edition bronco, screwed up by not ordering from a non local dealer. Don't want to make that mistake again.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
No online ordering like bronco. End of May for orders. Several have posted that all ready.

Allocation will play huge factor in your ability to order an attainable build.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Occupation
Car Dealer
Zach, do you know if its going to be similar to Bronco Reservation system, where you do it online, or more of the traditional route?
This is a more traditional ordering system.

Zach are you offering the ability to order the 6g raptor from your dealer without any markups? Had to deal with a crazy 30k markup when I ordered my first edition bronco, screwed up by not ordering from a non local dealer. Don't want to make that mistake again.
We only have an allocation for one that we're selling at MSRP and it has been spoken for.
Sponsored