Sponsored

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
My first mini mod was to Plasti Dip my front chrome Toyota emblem. I used a feeler gauge to gently pry out the emblem without breaking any of the tabs. It was quite easy and I only had to pry in two place. It's best to stick the feeler age in between the plastic and the emblem at a straight angle and then slowly work your way around until you feel resistance where the tab is and then gently pry a little to pop that section and then do one of the others. I like the finish and will have to wait and see how it holds up to rocks hitting it. I applied three coats.

2024 Tacoma Plasti Dip Blackout \ Removing Chrome Toyota emblem on front grill IMG_5636
2024 Tacoma Plasti Dip Blackout \ Removing Chrome Toyota emblem on front grill IMG_5637
2024 Tacoma Plasti Dip Blackout \ Removing Chrome Toyota emblem on front grill IMG_5639
2024 Tacoma Plasti Dip Blackout \ Removing Chrome Toyota emblem on front grill IMG_5640
2024 Tacoma Plasti Dip Blackout \ Removing Chrome Toyota emblem on front grill IMG_5641
2024 Tacoma Plasti Dip Blackout \ Removing Chrome Toyota emblem on front grill IMG_5642
2024 Tacoma Plasti Dip Blackout \ Removing Chrome Toyota emblem on front grill IMG_5643
2024 Tacoma Plasti Dip Blackout \ Removing Chrome Toyota emblem on front grill IMG_5648
Sponsored

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You saved yourself a $349 blackout package
Exactly. I was surprised that the Tacoma script on the doors was black, I was expecting that to be chrome after seeing it that way in a couple videos. Now need to decide if I want to purchase the inlay letters to for the tailgate. The letters are already deep enough so they pop without the inlays. I will need to see another truck in my color to see if I like it or not.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
nice job! mine included the blackout package for $349 lol! I definitely like the front emblem blacked out!

dapperdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma off road
Thanks, looks like that is what I need to do to mine.

Everything TRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Nice 👍 I did the same. Can’t beat it for under $10 and less than 30 minutes of your time!

rideradk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma SR5
Nice. My TRD OR in underground is still on order. Should be here in the next month or so. It's coming with the $89 black emblem overlay package but will the front grill logo be silver or black. I've seen some chrome and some black. I didn't see a $349 black out package as an option on Toyota's configuration tool, what does that give you over the $89 package I got? Just curious. I'm sure it will look awesome either way.

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice. My TRD OR in underground is still on order. Should be here in the next month or so. It's coming with the $89 black emblem overlay package but will the front grill logo be silver or black. I've seen some chrome and some black. I didn't see a $349 black out package as an option on Toyota's configuration tool, what does that give you over the $89 package I got? Just curious. I'm sure it will look awesome either way.
I’m just guessing, are overlays just some kind of static wrap vinyl? Someone should be able to answer it. The expensive option most likely includes the black Tacoma script on the tailgate that runs $100 along if you purchase it from the parts department.

Pootie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Looks great. Is that matte black Plasti Dip?

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
My first mini mod was to Plasti Dip my front chrome Toyota emblem. I used a feeler gauge to gently pry out the emblem without breaking any of the tabs. It was quite easy and I only had to pry in two place. It's best to stick the feeler age in between the plastic and the emblem at a straight angle and then slowly work your way around until you feel resistance where the tab is and then gently pry a little to pop that section and then do one of the others. I like the finish and will have to wait and see how it holds up to rocks hitting it. I applied three coats.

IMG_5636.jpg
IMG_5637.jpg
IMG_5639.jpg
IMG_5640.jpg
IMG_5641.jpg
IMG_5642.jpg
IMG_5643.jpg
IMG_5648.jpg
looks great, what Plasti Dip did you use

JSWCRNA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I bought a vinyl sticker kit for $20 and placed it in my tailgate lettering. Matte black. Will probably do my front emblem next after seeing yours

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
You can actually reach your fingers through the grill and depress the two tabs on the backside and it will pop right out. I painted mine black the day after I brought it home. Looks so much better.

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looks great, what Plasti Dip did you use
Just standard Plastidip, it’s a brand you can pick up at Home Depot or most places that sell spray paint.
Sponsored