Sponsored

Programming Home Link Garage door opener issue -- LED light bulb in opener may cause interference

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
Just ran into problem with trying to program my garage door opener. Took me about two hours of messing around trying all kinds of way to program, was getting it to open some times and couldn't close it unless I waited for a while. Finally figured out what the issue at at was. LED LIGHT BULB. I replace the light bulb in the opener with LED bulbs and that was interfering with the frequency of Home Link. Take out the LED bulb and works great put it back and don't work. Hope this helps.
Sponsored

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Can confirm. Had the hardest time getting my wife’s Sienna programmed. Coincidently, her garage opener died and we replaced it. Installer took my LEDs from the ceiling and said, “you need these to be removed - not just turned off - or they’ll interfere with programming.“

Dude was right. Worked right away.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Wow thanks. Don’t recall if I’d put the LEDs in the opener before programing my current vehicle or not. So I can’t say I would’ve had this issue, but if ever I did, this would’ve been about the last thing I’d have thought of.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
So once you have the truck programed for your opener, can you then put the LED bulbs back in?

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
So once you have the truck programed for your opener, can you then put the LED bulbs back in?
I’m not sure but it may effect the functional range.

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
If the houselights by the garage door are on at my place the door opener WILL NOT work, LED's interfere with the frequency the door openers work with, such a bizarre issue though

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I have a LED 100 watt bulb right outside over my garage door and it doesn't seem to interfere with my opener. When I paired the opener with the truck, the light wasn't on.

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco OR Premium
What kind of garage doors do you all have? I haven't programmed mine yet but I can try today; but my opener is a Genie Direct Drive so it's a lot closer than the typical ceiling mounted chain/screw/belt driven units.

OP
OP

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
I have lift master

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Mine are Genies, the old one on my side and the new one in my wife’s. The LEDs don’t even have to be on the opener itself. Mine are directly behind it on the garage ceiling and they interfere. They work now, but I suspect it does cause range issues.
Sponsored