• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Project Msfitoy V3.0

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
Finally, after 54 patient days of new learning curve for 4x4s and accumulating many mandatory mods, my Ranger has come home:like::clap::clap::clap:

V3.0 = my third Msfitoy project...

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 w5NzFpt

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 mMVgk2s

This is the last time you'll see her in stock form:giggle:

Tomorrow, we're headed out to mount the new wheels and tires...though, I need to coat the calipers first and modify the offset crash bars before the new set goes on...then the Raptor counterfeit grill installed along with MBRP cat back and GFB Diverter...after that, hopefully the new Eibach Pro Truck suspension will show up soon...this mock up is just to get me by for today...

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 Bqa21CU

Stay tuned...

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
I like your intended set up. Though I think I’m getting the Gibson exhaust with the dual-split rear pipes. Like you, I too am awaiting the Eibach kit. Can you install the wheels/tires without the lift?

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
I like your intended set up. Though I think I’m getting the Gibson exhaust with the dual-split rear pipes. Like you, I too am awaiting the Eibach kit. Can you install the wheels/tires without the lift?
Yes you can...I will mount this set tomorrow after removing the dreaded offset beams:like:

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
It's been a long day in the sun but worth the work out...these 80+ pound wheel/tires are really fun to heft around for a 60 year old fart :crazy:
With the front end up on jacks, I tried to saw through the front beams to no avail...so next option was to pull the bumper to get the clearance I need to slide these bars out in one piece. That effort was slowed quite a bit due to the frustratingly tough to remove clipped on front valence. And it worked! After I got that done, it was a simple matter of removing the six bolts holding the bumper to the frame, pulling the bumper forward just enough to slide out the front crash bars.
Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 ArzLEsS

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 8kKsjZY

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 bRsYqka

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 oVFGwu1

Next hurtle were the rear crash bars which proved to a no go slide out like the front as the body prevented that from going my way:angry:
Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 r85P5wG

I called it a day after spending 3 hours in the hot sun and decided to bolt everything back up and deal with the situation as it is...I knew this rear bar will eventually need to go but didn't have a plasma cutter or a cut off saw with a big enough blade to deal with this...and driving it around a bit, it was clear I can't go full lock without this bar rubbing the tires big time...the front was free and clear...:angry:

But I'm happy with the current situation...she's looking badass and drivable. I just have to becareful in full lock situations and make a few back and forth maneuvers. Behold!:like:

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 LEqO1h2

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 h31VGsQ

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 N6BrDhG

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 gPxMIJo

Once the Eiback set gets to me, I'll deal the rear bars and coat the calipers:like::clap::clap::clap:
Rain tomorrow so good opportunity to stay inside and work on my Raptor grill. I have amber leds that need to be engineered to mount in the right place:idea:

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Yes:like:

mMZgEEf.jpg

OHriEMv.jpg

ehmgCNn.jpg

Still working on the LED amber lights. Making brackets as I post...

TuGXe4P.jpg
Truck looks good! What are the amber lights for?

Sponsored

f_399

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor - Ranger Wildtrack - Ranger XLT - Everest
Nice! Looks great!

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
LEDs mounted to 3/4" x 3/4" x 3 3/4" custom brackets...
Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 ojCb6vs

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 S5jaTft

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 YMR8IKc

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 uB5Nolu

Pods now epoxied to the upper opening...as mounted to the aluminum extrusion, there's a 1/8 gap between the lamp and the extrusion...slide this gap over the upper lip of opening...it naturally locates itself...only make sure the measurements are correctly centered...
Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 YMR8IKc

Voila:like: Just need to wire them up tomorrow...anyone know which wires on the headlamp loom to connect to?

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 8oz17V5

Last edited:
OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
Interior getting attention with addition of Ram mounts for the Ipad Mini 4...that'll display OBD Fusion vital info from within...dual adhesive mount, no holes:like:
Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 bNEU9V2

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
LEDs mounted to 3/4" x 3/4" x 3 3/4" custom brackets...
uB5Nolu.jpg

Pods now epoxied to the upper opening...it naturally locates itself...only make sure the measurements are correctly centered...
YMR8IKc.jpg

Voila:like: Just need to wire them up tomorrow...anyone know which wires on the headlamp loom to connect to?

8oz17V5.jpg
Did you buy the amber lights online? Have a link? Thanks!

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Big Toy Designer