Purchasing additional TPMS Sensors ?

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Has anyone bought a 2nd set of Tires/Wheels for their Tacoma yet? Did the shop have the TPMS sensor that would read or do I need to get them from Toyota?
Sponsored

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
Iā€™ve been wondering the same. With the 4thGen Tacoma sharing a lot of similarities to the 3rd Gen Tundra, I wonder if they use same TPMS sensors?

paradizecityz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tundra
Why not transfer from OEM wheels to new wheels? That's what I've always done

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Because Iā€™m getting different wheels along with the tires. I want to keep the OEM wheels and tires together.

SleepyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma, TRD Off Road 4x4
Because Iā€™m getting different wheels along with the tires. I want to keep the OEM wheels and tires together.
Toyota thought about you ahead of time and accommodates tire sets.
2024 Tacoma Purchasing additional TPMS Sensors ? IMG_0290

Last edited:
OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Yes, thanks I saw that. Very cool. Now, do 2023 sensors work?

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
While I have no knowledge for sure, I suspect yes. TPMS works in one of two RFID frequencies. 315mhz and 433mhz. All that said, this isnt a big deal anymore, there Are several aftermarket TPMS systems that can work on both frequencies once programmed. Toyota has in recent years mainly used 315mhz for their product line as a whole, fairly certain itā€™ll be the same.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
While I have no knowledge for sure, I suspect yes. TPMS works in one of two RFID frequencies. 315mhz and 433mhz. All that said, this isnt a big deal anymore, there Are several aftermarket TPMS systems that can work on both frequencies once programmed. Toyota has in recent years mainly used 315mhz for their product line as a whole, fairly certain itā€™ll be the same.
Iā€™ve got an extra set of TPMS from 2022 Tundra that I plan to use. According to what youā€™re saying, these should work, correct?

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Iā€™ve got an extra set of TPMS from 2022 Tundra that I plan to use. According to what youā€™re saying, these should work, correct?
Yes, I believe so. Generally manufacturers have one sensor they use across most of the product line. Itā€™s not always the case, but mostly is.

Discount Tire

ELITE Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Things Toyota
Has anyone bought a 2nd set of Tires/Wheels for their Tacoma yet? Did the shop have the TPMS sensor that would read or do I need to get them from Toyota?
Universal, programable sensors should be able to be cloned to your factory TPMS sensors allowing you to switch between the two sets. To be sure, factory Toyota sensors would be a definite yes, but more expensive.

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
I'm not seeing a definitive answer to your question but thought I'd share this:

• I've spoken with the parts counter and part numbers do not match Gen 3 TPMS and the parts manager suggested that they are likely not compatible. 2024 sensors are available for $100 each.
  • I made some assumptions when I went after-market wheels on my Gen 2. Discount Tire sent TPMS in mounted and balanced tires that did not work and could not be synchronized. Turns out Toyota TPMS require specific after-market sensors. I burned through a set of tires before correcting the situation.
I'm planning on breaking down and using the 2024 OEM wheelset to use those factory TPMS unless someone can share the successful use of after-market or previous Gen sensors. My thoughts.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
On my 2022 I cloned a set of Autel sensors and they worked perfectly for 2 winters so far. I'll be keeping an eye on the 2024 sensor situation for my in-coming 24 Sport +.

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I'm not seeing a definitive answer to your question but thought I'd share this:

• I've spoken with the parts counter and part numbers do not match Gen 3 TPMS and the parts manager suggested that they are likely not compatible. 2024 sensors are available for $100 each.
  • I made some assumptions when I went after-market wheels on my Gen 2. Discount Tire sent TPMS in mounted and balanced tires that did not work and could not be synchronized. Turns out Toyota TPMS require specific after-market sensors. I burned through a set of tires before correcting the situation.
I'm planning on breaking down and using the 2024 OEM wheelset to use those factory TPMS unless someone can share the successful use of after-market or previous Gen sensors. My thoughts.
There are people on this site that have bought additional wheels and tires. I'm hoping one of them will chime in. The '24 will have a different part number, but I think all Toyotas have used the same frequency for some time.

BTF

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Sierra
Yes - for ā€˜24 TRD Sport - Kept the same stock sizes for both wheels & tires. Switched to: 18ā€ Falken Wildpeak A/T4W 365/65R/18 tires and went with Black Rhino Raid 18x9.5-18 wheels. The Black Rhino TPMS sensors were available direct from BR. This took place last week.

2024 Tacoma Purchasing additional TPMS Sensors ? IMG_3572

dapperdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma off road
Ok so if anyone is wondering here is the part number for the factory TPMS:
42607-0E090

Should be an exact fit as I just dropped them off and my wheels tires should be ready tomorrow. Now to get truck from being tinted and get them installed. Should all be wrapped up by this weekend I am hoping.
Sponsored