• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger EV... food for thought

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Farley says there will be an electric Ranger in 2025. Assuming the electrics are about the same weight and power as the ones in the Lightning, the Ranger EV should be one real performer at the local drag strip. I say this, because the Ranger (ICE) is about 1,000 pounds lighter than the F150. As it is now, the Lightning (with good traction) can lift the front wheels off the ground, and get to 60 in about 3.2 seconds. And wouldn't it be nifty if an EV Ranger could smoke a Tesla Plaid?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Farley was on Fox News Wednesday. What "I" got out of the spot, was a full EV Ranger.

OP
OP

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I didn't record it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
You're correct bout that! And, for the exact same reason, we'll never see an all electric fleet! In fact, I suspect we won't see the last of the ICE vehicles, for at least another 35 to perhaps as much as 50 years.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / 2020 XTL FX4 / 2007 escape / motos
ICE will be around for a while for sure. But for someone who live out of the city or no laneway/garage where they can
charge easily it would make sense to have an EV. If you do no more then 50 miles a day & can charge at home,
it would be great. In an apartment in the middle of the city parked on the street or in the middle of Wyoming 100
miles from nowhere, not so much. At least, not at the moment.

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
@Apples I agree with you that the perception I have gotten from Farley and recent press is that their interest as a company will be in full BEV vehicles and not PHEV vehicles.

From what I understand the new electric platform for trucks is "TE1" and that is it. So we need to imagine all of the Ford e-Trucks; the F150 electric, Ranger Electric, and Bronco electric all going on this new frame. If this is the case then I have to imagine we will also see a divergence between the Ranger ICE/PHEV(one can hope) being on a T6.x variant and the Ranger Lightning being a variant of the TE1.x. That is my speculation from what I'm reading.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 lightning blue w/302A
Occupation
Retired
Farley says there will be an electric Ranger in 2025. Assuming the electrics are about the same weight and power as the ones in the Lightning, the Ranger EV should be one real performer at the local drag strip. I say this, because the Ranger (ICE) is about 1,000 pounds lighter than the F150. As it is now, the Lightning (with good traction) can lift the front wheels off the ground, and get to 60 in about 3.2 seconds. And wouldn't it be nifty if an EV Ranger could smoke a Tesla Plaid?
What does it say about people when the first thing they talk about with a Ranger EV is how fast is it zero to 60.

OP
OP

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I wondered the same thing. One of the brag points of the Tesla Plaid is its 0 to 60 in under 2 seconds. However, they have to use a rolling start to get there. I suspect the real question is, how far will it go on a charge?

I own a CityCOCO, 3,000 watt, Li-ion powered, electric, fat tired, scooter. Top speed is about 38 MPH. At that speed, the mileage is less than 15 miles. At 25 MPH, it will go about 35 miles on a charge. Knowing what I know about Teslas, the comparitive range percentage isn't off by much. So the question remains... A Tesla Plaid, traveling at 75 MPH, will go how far?

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.
Pretty excited to see what an EV Ranger might look like and have. Just a idea maybe they should call it the EVanger.
Sponsored