• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I thought ford was cracking down on Dealer Markups. Still seems to be happening.
I sent Ford an email a few years back about the ADM being charged on the F150 Raptors. This is the response:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: May 8, 2018 4:26 AM
To:
Subject:
Fordof Canada CRM:03330000026193

Hello Mr. xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre, my name is Diana. We received your email on May 5 regarding your feedback.

We are concerned about the unpleasant events that you described which tainted your sales experience. We believe every customer should be treated courteously and professionally in all instances.

Please keep in mind, Ford and Lincoln dealerships are independently owned and operated; and therefore may set their own sales and business practices. We provide the dealerships an MSRP for the model but they purchase the vehicles from Ford and in turn sell them to the consumer, so unfortunately they can raise the price of a vehicle.

Thank you for contacting Ford of Canada.
Sincerely,
Diana S.
Customer Relationship Centre
Ford of Canada
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO that's a lame ass response and a weak effort to deflect blame. The dealerships are Franchisee's. Ford is the Franchisor and sets the rules.

Last edited:

Winger57

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Ranger 06 Liberty CRD 08 F450
Occupation
Aviation
Smoke and mirrors. It's still all over the Bronco forum where dealers are adding on huge markups even to customers who ordered and have a signed contracts for msrp. Now you have to research your dealer even more than the darn vehicle because there's so many shady ones out there. It would really suck to wait 6+ months and finally have your vehicle come in only to find out the dealer added a $10K (or more) markup then tell you "take or leave it we'll sell it to someone else". :mad:
Some of them even post the MSRP and they're markup just so omly the desperate and willing walk in!

Tdotreckless

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT - 2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
can't wait to order me one of these beasts in 2 years!! looking forward to see what they can do on the off road.

Reactions: Doc

loneindustries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Ranger Owner
After trying a couple different vehicles now and not being happy, I visited a dealer yesterday to test drive a Ranger again. He told me Ford closed ordering for the current gen Ranger, and that he should have an order guide for the next gen Ranger in a couple months. He also said production should start in Q2 2023. I wish it were sooner... but it could always be worse.

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
After trying a couple different vehicles now and not being happy, I visited a dealer yesterday to test drive a Ranger again. He told me Ford closed ordering for the current gen Ranger, and that he should have an order guide for the next gen Ranger in a couple months. He also said production should start in Q2 2023. I wish it were sooner... but it could always be worse.
I'll bet they have a 2023 MY for a short while, based on the current product, before ordering & production begin on the next-gen, which we probably should get used to calling a 2024,,,,,,

HRG
Sponsored