• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
We just got our first look at a less-disguised Ford Ranger Raptor prototype. This latest test truck dropped its heavy vinyl camouflage, leaving just a tight-fitting wrap to reveal its swollen body mods. The aggressive fenders, and flared arches are joined by Wildtrak-style sail panels and bed rails.

The front-fascia also sees marked changes over the standard Ranger, with revised headlights, grille mesh, and an aggressive skid plate.

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-1

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-3

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-2

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-4

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-5

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-6

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-7

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-8

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-9

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-10

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-11

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-12

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-14

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-13

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-15

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-17

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-16

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-18

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-19

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I wish they would just do away with the C-shaped headlight design. I know the Rangers styling was approved in 2019 or something with the redesign, but i think it takes away from the look.

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
We finally see how the NA Ranger's front will look. Seems like we will get a slightly modified lower grill to fill in the protrusions the global Ranger has. We also see how the separate bumper will be for NA. I actually like the more prominent horizontal line design in this front tweak than the global one, even though the global has a more daring design (for a Ford Ranger anyways). Nice. All that awaits now is the release of the NA powertrains.

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
I wish they would just do away with the C-shaped headlight design. I know the Rangers styling was approved in 2019 or something with the redesign, but i think it takes away from the look.
I actually like the C-shape design (on the trucks except for the new F-150 actually). It's a whole lot better than what Chevy and GMC has going on. The new Frontier is still the best looking mid-size in my opinion.

Sponsored

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I actually like the C-shape design (on the trucks except for the new F-150 actually). It's a whole lot better than what Chevy and GMC has going on. The new Frontier is still the best looking mid-size in my opinion.
I think the frontier does look nice.
I actually like the current Canyon the best haha just aesthetics wise. Different strokes for different folks though.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
From what we've seen so far, this Raptor-fied Ranger is shaping up to be an absolute beast! Any word if it will get the new trick exhaust "loop" like on the F-150 Raptor?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
We just got our first look at a less-disguised Ford Ranger Raptor prototype. This latest test truck dropped its heavy vinyl camouflage, leaving just a tight-fitting wrap to reveal its swollen body mods. The aggressive fenders, and flared arches are joined by Wildtrak-style sail panels and bed rails.

The front-fascia also sees marked changes over the standard Ranger, with revised headlights, grille mesh, and an aggressive skid plate.

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-1.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-3.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-2.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-4.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-5.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-6.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-7.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-8.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-9.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-10.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-11.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-12.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-14.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-13.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-15.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-17.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-16.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-18.jpg

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-19.jpg
Drops camo? How so?

Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
I love it so far! My bank account won't but retirement is overrated anyways. ?
Dave, maybe you need to start a new thread. Here is a good thread title for you:
Might Have To Jump Ship From Jeep To Ranger Raptor

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Can see a few things in these images, that my Ranger Raptor doesn't have.
Radar unit for adaptive cruise
Bronze shocks (Live Valve Fox?)
Rear exiting exhaust (currently dumps just in front of the rear axle)

The rear suspension looks otherwise identical except for the colour of the shocks. The front lower control arms are different in appearance. The track is likely identical.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
We finally see how the NA Ranger's front will look. Seems like we will get a slightly modified lower grill to fill in the protrusions the global Ranger has. We also see how the separate bumper will be for NA. I actually like the more prominent horizontal line design in this front tweak than the global one, even though the global has a more daring design (for a Ford Ranger anyways). Nice. All that awaits now is the release of the NA powertrains.
I don't think this is what will carry over to the N/A Ranger (well the standard vehicles). Ford made a point on the F-150 to make the grille different between the Raptor and the rest, so they are not interchangeable. I believe that the Raptor will have a unique grill shape in all markets, and N/A will have the same shaped grill as the ROW. The lower bumper will more than likely be separate like the current Ranger, otherwise the front will be basically the same.
Sponsored