• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
I am really glad the US Ranger won't have the global Rangers catfish front facia.
The Raptor front is not a guarantee that the rest of them will have this shaped grill.
Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I am really glad the US Ranger won't have the global Rangers catfish front facia.
I agree, I donā€™t like that over styled black ā€œXā€ front end on the global Ranger either. Hopefully all of the NA market Ranger models will continue with a separate bumper like this Raptor (and current gen Rangers)?

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
What do we speculate MSRP will be in the US?
I found online the current Raptor X starts at $79,390 Aus. Dollar. So converted to USD is almost $58,000. Does that seem realistic for the NA market? With the F150 Raptor starting around $6000 more than that ($62,145).
Edit: before i get the comments, i know the US MSRP is not going to be a direct conversion from Australian Dollars, but wanted to see opinions on if that's a realistic ballpark.

Edit Again:
A US Spec Lariat base w/FX4 package and black appearance & Tow is about $45,500, which is comparable (from what i read) to the Australian Ranger FX4 that has a Aus MSRP $63,690= $46,400 USD.

Last edited:

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What do we speculate MSRP will be in the US?
I found online the current Raptor X starts at $79,390 Aus. Dollar. So converted to USD is almost $58,000. Does that seem realistic for the NA market? With the F150 Raptor starting around $6000 more than that ($62,145).
The advertised pricing for vehicles in Australia includes a lot of additional charges (its advertised basically with all Ford/dealer charges and GST, but without state taxes as these vary). I paid AU$76,990 on the road for mine (i.e. total, with all charges/taxes and registration). The base price listed on the sales contract when I bought mine was AU$70,172 before all the charges (taxes, freight, registration etc), this was also discounted by the dealer. That works out to US$51,092, hopefully that helps with the apples to apples comparison. I fully expect the new Ranger Raptor to be more expensive with the rumoured V6 Ecoboost engine, probably AU$5,000 more I'd guess (or more). The unknown is the cost comparison for a petrol V6 vs a diesel 4 cyl. The diesel is more expensive in a direct comparison (i.e. the 2.3 EB), but the V6 skews the difference.

A US Spec Lariat base w/FX4 package and black appearance & Tow is about $45,500, which is comparable (from what i read) to the Australian Ranger FX4 that has a Aus MSRP $63,690= $46,400 USD.
Our FX4 is basically a Wildtrak with some stickers and wheels, it has no mechanical differences to the standard setup, whereas you guys get a different suspension setup with FX4 correct?
For the rest of us, the only Rangers that have mechanical differences are the FX4 Max (which is essentially identical to your Tremor) and the Raptor. Obviously I'm talking 4x4s, but you get the point. All our specials like the FX4 are just accessories packs with some decals. Nothing exciting.
And another interesting thing, over here all Rangers come standard with towbars.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
To those pondering if this is what the US Ranger will look like at the front, just note that your current separate bar nose is completely different in shape and integration to the grill vs the current Ranger Raptor. Your Ranger is more than likely going to have the same grill as the ROW Ranger, but with a separate bar in a similar fashion to now. Ford made a point with the latest F-150 Raptor to ensure the grill cannot be used on any other F-150, this is going to be the same.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Dave, maybe you need to start a new thread. Here is a good thread title for you:
Might Have To Jump Ship From Jeep To Ranger Raptor
At this point Al I might as well go all out and start this one: ? :explode::curse:

I'll working until I die because the Admin won't stop posting all this cool stuff!

blueharley

First Name
mustafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger raptor
Occupation
industrial engineer
Can see a few things in these images, that my Ranger Raptor doesn't have.
Radar unit for adaptive cruise
Bronze shocks (Live Valve Fox?)
Rear exiting exhaust (currently dumps just in front of the rear axle)

The rear suspension looks otherwise identical except for the colour of the shocks. The front lower control arms are different in appearance. The track is likely identical.

I agree as I have seen them all at the first glance with one addition; the wheels are 18" exactly the same as the Tremors' but I could not read the tyre size. Can they be 275/70/18 then? Because they do not seem too smaller than those of the Bronco Raptors' which are supposed to be 37" I guess.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
The advertised pricing for vehicles in Australia includes a lot of additional charges (its advertised basically with all Ford/dealer charges and GST, but without state taxes as these vary). I paid AU$76,990 on the road for mine (i.e. total, with all charges/taxes and registration). The base price listed on the sales contract when I bought mine was AU$70,172 before all the charges (taxes, freight, registration etc), this was also discounted by the dealer. That works out to US$51,092, hopefully that helps with the apples to apples comparison. I fully expect the new Ranger Raptor to be more expensive with the rumoured V6 Ecoboost engine, probably AU$5,000 more I'd guess (or more). The unknown is the cost comparison for a petrol V6 vs a diesel 4 cyl. The diesel is more expensive in a direct comparison (i.e. the 2.3 EB), but the V6 skews the difference.

Our FX4 is basically a Wildtrak with some stickers and wheels, it has no mechanical differences to the standard setup, whereas you guys get a different suspension setup with FX4 correct?
For the rest of us, the only Rangers that have mechanical differences are the FX4 Max (which is essentially identical to your Tremor) and the Raptor. Obviously I'm talking 4x4s, but you get the point. All our specials like the FX4 are just accessories packs with some decals. Nothing exciting.
And another interesting thing, over here all Rangers come standard with towbars.
Thanks for the insight, that is good info. Maybe a FX4Max vs our Lariat w/Tremor Package is probably a better comparison.
We do get upgraded shocks with the FX4 package, but I am not sure how our base shocks compare you ya'lls over there.
I think that we can probably expect around $52-$55k base for Ranger Raptor then, more than likely.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Thanks for the insight, that is good info. Maybe a FX4Max vs our Lariat w/Tremor Package is probably a better comparison.
We do get upgraded shocks with the FX4 package, but I am not sure how our base shocks compare you ya'lls over there.
I think that we can probably expect around $52-$55k base for Ranger Raptor then, more than likely.
I agreeā€¦. I built a Lariat Tremor on the configurator and the price is around $48k USD. I guess low to mid $50s would be the Ranger Raptor entry price point in the NA market?

The Ranger Raptor is more than Iā€™m looking for. Iā€™m holding out with the hope of a Lariat w/Tremor package in a SuperCrew/Long-bed configuration? It would be a the perfect base overland rig right from the factory. Itā€™s a long shot, but a man can dream. If not, it looks like there might be all new GM twins and Taco in 2023 that will build what I want?

OHTREMOR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Lariat Tremor
Cool stuff coming for the mid size segment in 2023. Only thing I didnā€™t like hearing is that the production of the Ranger in the USA will not start until May 2023??

Guess I will just have my Tremor for at least two years (Nov. 2023). Also going to see new Canyons and Colorados in 2023 according to GM sources.

Not interested in a Taco or Frontier.

This is gonna be funā€¦ā€¦.:rockon:

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Cool stuff coming for the mid size segment in 2023. Only thing I didnā€™t like hearing is that the production of the Ranger in the USA will not start until May 2023??

Guess I will just have my Tremor for at least two years (Nov. 2023). Also going to see new Canyons and Colorados in 2023 according to GM sources.

Not interested in a Taco or Frontier.

This is gonna be funā€¦ā€¦.:rockon:
There might be an all new Taco by 2023 too. From what I can tell with limited info, I really like this next gen Ranger. But if there isnā€™t going to be a SuperCrew/longbed Ranger configuration for the NA market, Iā€™m out! Total deal breaker for me.

Iā€™ve already been waiting for two years. Not at all interested in a full-size so, Iā€™ll be jumping to another brand (likely to a GM twin or Taco).

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I agree as I have seen them all at the first glance with one addition; the wheels are 18" exactly the same as the Tremors' but I could not read the tyre size. Can they be 275/70/18 then? Because they do not seem too smaller than those of the Bronco Raptors' which are supposed to be 37" I guess.
I'll be disappointed if they've gone to an 18" wheel, but the front brakes look bigger now I have a closer look. Mine has 285/70R17s on it from factory. It'll need more brakes with all the extra power!

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
The F-150 Raptor has used 17" wheels for years and I haven't heard of any weak brake issues on that much heavier truck. I went from 20" Special Edition wheels to 17" Raptor wheels on my F-150 XLT and had no issues with the wheels clearing the brakes. I actually prefer the 17" tires for the more compliant sidewall and better ride quality.
Sponsored