• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I agree as I have seen them all at the first glance with one addition; the wheels are 18" exactly the same as the Tremors' but I could not read the tyre size. Can they be 275/70/18 then? Because they do not seem too smaller than those of the Bronco Raptors' which are supposed to be 37" I guess.
Just an FYI, The Rangers w/Tremor packages have 17ā€ wheels, not 18ā€. This is copied right out of the configuratorā€¦.

Includes:
ā€¢ Off-Road Tuned Suspension ā€“ FOX Dampers with Rear Reservoirs
ā€¢ Terrain Management Systemā„¢
ā€¢ Trail Controlā„¢
ā€¢ Electronic-Locking Rear Differential
ā€¢ Off-Road Hoop Steps ā€“ Black
ā€¢ 17" Magnetic-Painted Aluminum ā€“ Tremor Wheel
ā€¢ 17" Off-Road LT 265/70R17 A/T Tires
ā€¢ Magnetic Wheel Arch Flare
ā€¢ Black Steel Exposed Bash Plate
ā€¢ Front Fender Grille-Painted
ā€¢ Grille -Black Two Bar Style with Red Accent Nostrils and Magnetic Surround
ā€¢ Magnetic Front and Rear Bumpers
ā€¢ Remove front air dam
ā€¢ Tow Hooks ā€“ Rear (not available with Tow Package)
ā€¢ Skid Plates: Radiator, Electronic Power-Assist Steering (EPAS), Transfer Case and Fuel Tank Guard
ā€¢ Black Interior Accents
ā€¢ Floor Liner ā€“ Tray Style
ā€¢ Off-Road Screen in Cluster
ā€¢ Seats, Front
Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Also, the current Tremor uses the same wheels as my Ranger Raptor, which have a different spoke design to those fitted to this test vehicle.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
I see it kept the Watts link. Bravo!

If this thing does get the 3.0L Nano V6 it will be hard to resist.
It will be nice, but unless the supply issues are resolved by next year, the inflated ADM price tag on anything "Tremor" or "Raptor" will make it easy for me to resist. This is going to be a sweet truck. I will likely be in the market in summer of 2024, (unless I am completely in love with my F-150), but I refuse to overpay for something I want ( But don't need ) just to have it.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
It will be nice, but unless the supply issues are resolved by next year, the inflated ADM price tag on anything "Tremor" or "Raptor" will make it easy for me to resist. This is going to be a sweet truck. I will likely be in the market in summer of 2024, (unless I am completely in love with my F-150), but I refuse to overpay for something I want ( But don't need ) just to have it.
Agreed.
I see we have something else in common besides F-150's. Here's a photo of the nine point I took during last fall's PA archery season. Looks an awful lot like the trail cam photo in your avatar. That deer didn't happen to have a double white patch on it's throat, did it?

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia IMG_5782

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Nice buck!! I would have to look back at the pics, but I don't remember a double white patch on the throat. That buck was never seen again on my trail cam after 2019. He ran with two other bucks, both of whom I still had pics of last fall and one I had a pic of in December. Not sure where you harvested that deer, but that particular cam was in elk county, about 2 miles from cameron county border.

Sponsored

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Southwest Clearfield County. Not super far away (70-80 miles?) but I doubt he would have traveled that far. Jordan's Taxidermy in Punxsutawney is doing the mount for me.

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
Rear exiting exhaust (currently dumps just in front of the rear axle)
I'm not sure but exhaust after the axle might be a law in the US. I can't think of a passenger car that drops in front of the rear axle since the late 70's. but I could be wrong. I remember seeing one of these Dodges when I was a kid.

I have seen aftermarket exhausts come out before the rear axle but they may be marketed "for offroad use only".

Ford Ranger ? Ranger Raptor Drops Camo To Show Muscular Body & Revised Front Fascia 1645249384136

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
I'm not sure but exhaust after the axle might be a law in the US. I can't think of a passenger car that drops in front of the rear axle since the late 70's. but I could be wrong. I remember seeing one of these Dodges when I was a kid.

I have seen aftermarket exhausts come out before the rear axle but they may be marketed "for offroad use only".
In the rest of the world (and I presume the rules are the same in the US) goods carrying vehicles only have to have the exhaust exit to the rear of the cabin, which this does (in Australia it's some weird statement about being to the rear of the last welded joint of the cabin or something stupid like that). For passenger vehicles, the exhaust must be to the rear of the last opening of the cabin, so in Aus side exiting exhausts are technically illegal on cars, but not on utes, vans or heavy vehicles.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To some extent exhaust rules can be state specific in the US. Or at least enforced in different ways. I live in Pennsylvania and we have annual safety inspections. Some states do not. For example, if your vehicle has any rust holes in the body sheetmetal it will not pass PA state inspection. PA also does not allow the exhaust to exit under the passenger compartment and that applies to trucks as well as cars. However, that doesn't mean the exhaust can't exit to the side of the passenger compartment. There have been plenty of examples of that on new high performance Ford vehicles. Early Shelby GT350's, AC Cobras, some Roush Mustangs, the 2000 Cobra R Mustang and even the old Ford Lightning pickups. Although on the Lightning the exit was still behind the passenger compartment but in front of the rear wheels.
Sponsored