Sponsored

dapperdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma off road
So I just got back from a quick spring break trip from WI to NC and back with my Off Road. Had 4 bikes on a hitch rack as well. I checked at fill ups and worst was 17ish, best was 20ish. The 17 was pushing a headwind through the mtns on our way back. Ran most of the trip in Eco mode. No complaints coming from my '15 pro which seemed to get 16mpg no matter what, every once in. awhile I could muster 18 mpg but not very often. Haven't seen the low fuel light yet, always stopped with around 50ish miles remaining.
Sponsored

BillyJoeJimBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Any folks with bigger tires have any MPG reports?

While in most cases, bigger heavier tires always result in worse mpg. I'm just wondering if this turbo engine that spins up at low RPM might mean larger diameter tires and (thus lower RPMs on the highway) might mean better or at least similar highway economy

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Any folks with bigger tires have any MPG reports?

While in most cases, bigger heavier tires always result in worse mpg. I'm just wondering if this turbo engine that spins up at low RPM might mean larger diameter tires and (thus lower RPMs on the highway) might mean better or at least similar highway economy
I just put on 285 KO2 tires and went down about 2mpg avg. Was at 20 now about 17.8

JWestie

First Name
Rand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma OR
All these numbers seem very close to the 3rd gen (I've averaged ~22 MPG with a light foot in mixed driving outside of winter). Really curious to see if the hybrid can get something of a bump. If not, looks like I'll stick with the old V6.

Allchemist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd o.r premium
I'm getting 14.7. Close to 700 miles. Half highway half street. Light footing and on eco. Definitely not impressed. Should've kept my 2.5th gen avering 18 with spirited driving.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
I hit 27.9mpg on the highway on Thursday. I set adaptive cruise control at 70 behind a semi, I was shocked when I looked at the dash.

im getting around 21-22mpg combined.

Lela0124

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
There's been some MPG talk in this thread, but can the other 2024 Tacoma owners report here what kind of MPG you're getting?

I know everyone's still in the first few weeks of owning the truck, but curious if you're all seeing above or below EPA rating so far.
I'm getting 25 mpg with my MT SR on my commute- highway and back roads doing mostly 50-60mph.

Madmez

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav
I'm getting 14.7. Close to 700 miles. Half highway half street. Light footing and on eco. Definitely not impressed. Should've kept my 2.5th gen avering 18 with spirited driving.
What's your total distance per trip?

garciava

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Long bed
I put 275/65R18 on my truck and it’s averaging 17.1 on the highway at 70 to 75 mph in hill country.

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Taco OR Premium
Lot's of variables but here's mine in the first week of ownership:

Daily commute is 26 miles, 95% highway. Morning is mostly down hill but typically into the wind. Driving at 65-68mph on cruise I have seen an average of 25. Afternoon is up hill, but typically with the wind. I see an average of 21. This is on stock BFG trail terrains. Upsizing to 285/70 KO3's will be installed in a few weeks.

Trankster

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I am just back from a 1,200 mile road trip. Highway mpg was 24-25 at 70 mph and rolling terrain.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
There was a video a while ago where someone was testing the mileage on the Tundra and actually got better mileage on Normal than Eco. Might have been Truck King. Anyway, worth trying. I doubt it'll make a difference on the freeway, though.
I own 2 Toyota Hybrids, 22 Corolla, 22 RAV4 XSE, both get better MPG in Normal mode..
Sponsored