Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
By "start having trouble" do you mean like TFL "started having trouble"? You're kind of screwed at that point.
No, I'm saying if you start spinning on ice like that and think that you're going to spin the wheels out of it, which you won't, at least turn off the MTS so the truck doesn't try to adjust to you being stupid, slam the brakes at full torque, and break your diff.
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
No, I'm saying if you start spinning on ice like that and think that you're going to spin the wheels out of it, which you won't, at least turn off the MTS so the truck doesn't try to adjust to you being stupid, slam the brakes at full torque, and break your diff.
Verify that I've got this straight: if you start spinning your wheels on ice then disable the thing that's intended to keep you from spinning your wheels on ice.

No, I haven't ordered a Tacoma yet. Hopefully it's not simply too delicate.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Verify that I've got this straight: if you start spinning your wheels on ice then disable the thing that's intended to keep you from spinning your wheels on ice.

No, I haven't ordered a Tacoma yet. Hopefully it's not simply too delicate.
No, that’s not what I’m saying. And that wasn’t a normal spinning on ice. They clearly weren’t gonna make it over that hill that way. It should not have failed, but I think there’s a software that’s my point. Everyone knows, however, that when you start spitting on ice, the answer isn’t to floor it. That’s what they did, and the MTS probably slammed the brakes on. It’s the same transfer case that’s been in Tacoma forever.
Sponsored