• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
2022 Ford Ranger and Everest: 15.5-inch Tesla-style screen spied, range to offer hybrid, V6, 360 camera
The next-generation Ford Ranger and Everest are going to get a huge increase in technology as part of the new product lifecycle.

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-20

Ford is getting ready to turn the dual-cab ute and ute-based SUV segment on its head, with segment-leading engine and in-car technology set to launch in the next-generation Ford Ranger and Ford Everest.

CarExpert reader Austin has snapped images and a video of Ford testing the 2022 Ford Ranger and 2022 Ford Everest on the streets of Melbourne ahead of their release, detailing the new interior.

As exclusively reported by CarExpert in 2020, the next-generation Ford Rangerand Ford Everest (known as the Endeavour in some markets) will pick up a series of new engines and technology when they’re released in 2022.

Three new engines will form part of the Ranger and Everest mix, creating an offering of four engines in total.

What we know about the 2022 Ford Ranger and Ford Everest
  • Four engines will be offered: two diesels, one petrol and a petrol plug-in hybrid (more below)
  • The 3.2-litre five-cylinder diesel engine will be discontinued
  • The Everest will be available in six trim levels, including an off-road focused Wildtrak X variant
  • Everest pricing will stretch from around $50,000 before on-road costs to $76,000 before on-road costs
  • The Ranger Raptor will gain a V6 turbo-diesel engine or 2.7-litre six-cylinder turbocharged petrol to replace its twin-turbocharged 2.0-litre diesel
  • Our computer generated images are based on a final clay model of the Ranger and Everest
  • The interior on high-spec models will get a 15.5-inch portrait infotainment screen and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, along with Ford’s Sync 4 infotainment system
2022 Ford Ranger and Ford Everest technology
In addition to investing in electric vehicles, Ford is spending big on infotainment and connected car technology.

Both the Ranger and Everest are expected to be offered with the brand’s SYNC4 infotainment system, which is delivered via a new 15.5-inch vertical infotainment screen in the centre of the cabin that comes with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

It’ll be joined by a 12-inch screen ahead of the driver showing speed and trip computer information.

While the vertical screen is likely to be limited to top-specification models, lower models in the range are expected to pick up a 12-inch infotainment screen that also features SYNC4 and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

In addition to wireless smartphone mirroring, both the Ranger and Everest will launch with FordPass Connect, which allows owners to connect to their vehicle remotely to start it, monitor vehicle conditions and perform functions such as locking and unlocking.

Our spy photos and footage suggest that Ford will also offer a 360 camera for the first time in Ranger and Everest, with semi-autonomous parking with front and rear parking sensors expected to remain to complement the parking package.

The 2022 Ford Ranger and Ford Everest engine range
Ford will kick the 2022 Ford Ranger and Ford Everest off by deleting the ability to purchase either model with its ageing 3.2-litre five-cylinder turbo-diesel engine.

The default engine will be a 2.0-litre twin-turbocharged four-cylinder diesel producing 157kW of power and 500Nm of torque. There’s a chance that Ford will bump the power or torque figures of this engine up to sit just ahead of its nearest competitors.

Buyers will be able to step up to a six-cylinder turbo-diesel engine as an option on the top model grades. That engine will be a 3.0-litre turbocharged six-cylinder diesel making 186kW of power and 600Nm of torque.

The six-cylinder diesel engine is currently used in the American F-150. The V6 diesel engine was released in June 2018, and helps the F-150 offer a towing capacity of over 5000kg with a braked trailer. That engine will shortly be discontinued from the F-150 range, meaning there should be adequate supply for Ranger and Everest globally.

Currently, the only V6-powered diesel ute on the market is the Volkswagen Amarok V6. Given the next generation Amarok will share a platform with the Ranger, Ford will want to ensure power or torque outputs exceed the current 190kW (200kW on overboost) and 580Nm on offer from the VW diesel engine.

A 2.7-litre EcoBoost petrol engine is likely to feature in the Ranger Raptor (although this may not be for the Australian market).

Revealed last year, the range-topping Bronco is available with a second-generation Nano 2.7-litre EcoBoost turbocharged V6 engine.

CarExpert expects the same engine to feature in the next-generation Ranger Raptor.

It outputs 231kW of power and 540Nm and torque, mated with a 10-speed automatic transmission and full-time all-wheel drive.

That’s a jump of 74kW and 40Nm on what’s offered by the current Ranger Raptor.

The final engine being offered for both Ranger and Everest, although unlikely to be available immediately at launch, is a 2.3-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine with a plug-in hybrid system.

A Ford Europe spokesperson confirmed that the brand’s commercial vehicle range, including the Ford Ranger ute, will be “zero-emission capable” by 2024, meaning the PHEV may lag the rest of the range by a year or two.

The Ranger and Everest PHEV will produce 270kW of power and 680Nm of torque, and is expected to offer a combined fuel economy of 3.0 litres of fuel per 100km.

Our understanding is the plug-in hybrid engine is yet to be used in any Ford products globally. Currently, the Explorer PHEV uses a 3.0-litre turbocharged V6 and an electric motor, while the Escape PHEV uses a smaller 2.5-litre four-cylinder in combination with an electric motor.

The entire range will be mated to Ford’s 10-speed automatic transmission.

What does Ford Australia have to say?
We put a series of questions about the information here to Ford Australia. Here are its responses.

CarExpert: How likely is Ford to offer a hybrid in the Ranger and/or Everest within the next 5 years?

Ford
Australia: We have no specific plans to share on the next generation Ranger or Everest at this time. The biggest driver of technology and innovation in our line-up is customer feedback and demand, and we work tirelessly to ensure we bring products that reflect Australian tastes, needs and expectations.

CE: How much engineering and/or design work is being done on the next generation of Ranger and Everest in Australia?

FA
: The Ranger and Everest models’ design and engineering is Australian-led and includes work carried out at our centres at Campbellfield, which hosts design and engineering teams, as well as our Geelong engineering capability only a short distance from Ford’s You Yangs Proving Ground.

These assets enable our expert teams from around the globe to input into Ranger, which is sold in over 180 markets worldwide, with the capability to conduct rigorous testing and analysis for the highest quality and standards for our customers.

E: Will the next generation of Ranger launch ahead of the Amarok equivalent?

FA
: We cannot comment on VW products or timings.

CE: Will Thailand remain the manufacturing facility for Ranger and Everest, and will Amarok follow suit?

FA
: We cannot comment on VW products or timings. Ranger for Australia is produced in our Thailand plants, however Ranger is also produced in various locations around the globe, including South Africa and North America.

Processes are shared across plants to ensure the highest quality for customers in every market.

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-5

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-1

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-7

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-6

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-10

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-12

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-11

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-13

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-17

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-16

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-22

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-23

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 2023-ford-ranger-raptor-spied-18

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 2023-ford-ranger-raptor-spied-6

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 2023-ford-ranger-raptor-spied-17

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 2023-ford-ranger-raptor-spied-8

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-8

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-20

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-18

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 ford-ranger-everest-spied-9

Ford Ranger Spied: 2023 Ford Ranger with 15.5" Touchscreen, Next Raptor Powered by 2.7L EcoBoost V6 2022-Ford-Ranger-Bronco-V6-EcoBoost-1

Source: CarExpert

Chris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
This is the video I watched and made a chat for but it had got removed

Reactions: Doc

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACHER
Over the years, I have seen a lot of Ford Everest SUVs when I travel to Asia, and I have always hoped that they would bring the model to the U.S. Now it looks like they may bring seriously upgraded models of both the Everest and Ranger Raptor over here in 2022/23! That will be pretty near the five-year/100,000 mile mark for my 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, when I had planned to trade it in and upgrade. No way the wife would let me have both a Ranger Raptor and an Everest! What is a guy to do?

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
Over the years, I have seen a lot of Ford Everest SUVs when I travel to Asia, and I have always hoped that they would bring the model to the U.S. Now it looks like they may bring seriously upgraded models of both the Everest and Ranger Raptor over here in 2022/23! That will be pretty near the five-year/100,000 mile mark for my 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, when I had planned to trade it in and upgrade. No way the wife would let me have both a Ranger Raptor and an Everest! What is a guy to do?
Unless I missed something, I'm not seeing any indication a US Everest model. The pictures appear to show a LHD Ranger and RHD Everest.
Also, I think it would interfere with the Explorer and Bronco sales.

I thought it would be interested to see a Lincoln version. A luxury off-road vehicle to go up against the Landcruiser, G-Class, and Lexus GX.

Sponsored

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Over the years, I have seen a lot of Ford Everest SUVs when I travel to Asia, and I have always hoped that they would bring the model to the U.S. Now it looks like they may bring seriously upgraded models of both the Everest and Ranger Raptor over here in 2022/23
That's an interesting thought maybe the Everest will replace the Edge in Ford's line up. Ford has already said that the Edge was gone after the end of the present gens life cycle.

Chris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Simple, ranger raptor if you actually use it for its intended use and if not than get the Everest
Sponsored