Sponsored

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
I keep hearing rumors that they are moving them, but are delayed due to EPA not being able to decide on mpg numbers that no Tacoma driver cares about.
Yes. My wife had a custom-order 2019 Cayenne Turbo that sat at the Port of Houston for 45 days back in November of 2018 while the EPA sat on its bloated rear end trying to finalize its approval.

This was right after VW Dieselgate, so the EPA may have been doing a little jab at VW-Porsche-Audi, but nonetheless it was infuriating for her. She spent a week tracking that car as it floated across the ocean on its carrier, only to have it eventually land at Houston and just sit there. And sit there. And sit there...

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 VFR, '95 Integra, '04 SV, '22 Bronco, '22 5BW
Yes. My wife had a custom-order 2019 Cayenne Turbo that sat at the Port of Houston for 45 days back in November of 2018 while the EPA sat on its bloated rear end trying to finalize its approval.

This was right after VW Dieselgate, so the EPA may have been doing a little jab at VW-Porsche-Audi, but nonetheless it was infuriating for her. She spent a week tracking that car as it floated across the ocean on its carrier, only to have it eventually land at Houston and just sit there. And sit there. And sit there...
Can't be any worse than GM building a car then letting it sit in a lot in the middle of winter for six months before shipping it to its buyer. Yes, personal experience. :(

bayman

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Miata GT and 2017 Honda CR-V