• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Start Stop not Working on 2019 Ranger

thompsdw

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
My daughter has a ranger and she wants the auto start stop to work for fuel economy reasons. I did all the research on the 15 or so reasons that it can be disabled due to normal operation. I checked the battery and it did read weak on my old tester so I installed a new one and made sure it was fully charged. Then I made sure I met the 15 normal conditions. Still not working. Any tips or other things I can look at for her? She doesn't live local to me and I am trying to help her while home. I read somewhere about a fuse, but checked those diagrams and don't see anything specifically related to start/stop.
Sponsored

OP
OP

thompsdw

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Never mind. I didn’t realize that coolant temperature was a reason for it not to work. After the temp came up it worked. So it has been a weak (but ok) battery all along.

Reactions: MJE

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
Never mind. I didn’t realize that coolant temperature was a reason for it not to work. After the temp came up it worked. So it has been a weak (but ok) battery all along.
I'm glad it all worked out. Just a friendly tip, you might have had more response on the Ranger 5G forum. The Ranger 6G forum is for the latest gen Rangers. 2023+ in the rest of the world and 2024+ in the US.

Cheers!!:)

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I'm glad it all worked out. Just a friendly tip, you might have had more response on the Ranger 5G forum. The Ranger 6G forum is for the latest gen Rangers. 2023+ in the rest of the world and 2024+ in the US.

Cheers!!:)
Maybe, but more than likely you'd get people saying why ASS was dumb and anyone who wants it is even dumber. ;) Not from me, mind you, I use it on mine.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
My daughter has a ranger and she wants the auto start stop to work for fuel economy reasons. I did all the research on the 15 or so reasons that it can be disabled due to normal operation. I checked the battery and it did read weak on my old tester so I installed a new one and made sure it was fully charged. Then I made sure I met the 15 normal conditions. Still not working. Any tips or other things I can look at for her? She doesn't live local to me and I am trying to help her while home. I read somewhere about a fuse, but checked those diagrams and don't see anything specifically related to start/stop.
Hi Dean! I can look into your ranger's auto start/stop concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your ranger's VIN?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
You need a NEW Battery! Just one of many funtions that stop working with a dying battery!
Sponsored