Stereo specs on JBL sound system?

Clockchoke

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited, 2022 trd ofroad premium 4runner
I'm wondering if it's the same as the 23 and a 2 ohm system. I'm not looking forward to tearing apart my brand new truck to replace the "premium" stereo. The stereo in my 23 sucked.
Sponsored

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
I'm curious myself, as a "premium" stereo system that sucks is not what I'm looking for! I've seen a couple of youtube videos and the posters thought that the stereo was good, but I haven't seen anyone raving about it.

raronbobertson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma TRD off-road
Front: 3 way component system including a 5 ohm 7” x 8” (weird I know) speaker in the front doors, tweeter in the A-pillar, and 2.5” speakers in the dash

Rear: not completely sure yet but should be a normal 2 way 5.5” coaxial speaker

Subwoofer: tiny ~8” subwoofer behind the rear driver seat that vents to the exterior of the vehicle with no actual enclosure for the sub.

It honestly doesn’t sound terrible if you’re not an audio nut. But if you are you’ll quickly notice the subwoofer provides no audible bass to the front seat and any bass you hear in the front comes from the 7” x 8”s in the doors which also doesn’t help with rattling of door panels. System is mostly pretty quiet and you’ll find yourself cranking the audio all the way up if you’re used to listening to music pretty loudly.
overall recommend not getting premium audio (unless you want the removable portable speaker) and just using that extra money for an aftermarket audio system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I can't get you specs but I'm going to be honest, for an off the lot system, it's pretty dope. I've heard some people talk about depending on what source you're using it sounds like crap, but I also noticed every source has a different setup. So you can max your bass out on Bluetooth, but if you switch to Sirius you have to go into settings and set your bass there too, found that odd.

The bass is more than enough to shake all your mirrors, and the audio it's self is very crisp.

My only complaint is it doesn't go all that loud. In my Camry my songs were blaring on LVL 30. In the Tacoma I can have it at max and still want more.

I see no reason for myself to personally upgrade the speakers, it does the job for me very well and I'm very happy with it, if I was back in highschool I'd probably want to swap that sub for a 12" but I don't need people to hear me come from 5 blocks down lol

Snowjunky24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
What are the sub options for those that didn’t get the jbl junk upgrade? Install some kind of Rockville RW10CA?

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
Front: 3 way component system including a 5 ohm 7” x 8” (weird I know) speaker in the front doors, tweeter in the A-pillar, and 2.5” speakers in the dash

Rear: not completely sure yet but should be a normal 2 way 5.5” coaxial speaker

Subwoofer: tiny ~8” subwoofer behind the rear driver seat that vents to the exterior of the vehicle with no actual enclosure for the sub.

It honestly doesn’t sound terrible if you’re not an audio nut. But if you are you’ll quickly notice the subwoofer provides no audible bass to the front seat and any bass you hear in the front comes from the 7” x 8”s in the doors which also doesn’t help with rattling of door panels. System is mostly pretty quiet and you’ll find yourself cranking the audio all the way up if you’re used to listening to music pretty loudly.
overall recommend not getting premium audio (unless you want the removable portable speaker) and just using that extra money for an aftermarket audio system.
The only problem with not getting the premium audio is that it's packaged with all the other upgrades on the OR that I really want!

raronbobertson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma TRD off-road
What are the sub options for those that didn’t get the jbl junk upgrade? Install some kind of Rockville RW10CA?
As of right now there’s no aftermarket subwoofers fitted for the 4g that I’ve seen. The Rockville RW10CA might be small enough but the space behind the rear seats is less than the previous generation so it pretty much leaves you room to only do a system under the seats. Best option I’ve seen is to cutout the plastic storage under the rear driver side seat and have a downward firing low profile subwoofer enclosure built to go there.

As the 4g has been out for a while companies will start building taco specific enclosures since it’s such a popular vehicle but it’ll take some time just like all the other aftermarket accessories.

OP
OP

Clockchoke

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited, 2022 trd ofroad premium 4runner
I fit a jbl 10 inch powered sub behind my 2023 backseat. Space looks similar in the 24. Removed plastics and put soundproofing.
Sponsored