Stop sale??

Macjr67

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
My dealer just informed they are pulling back all Tacomas, they are pulling them all back for quality control..anyone else hear this ???? I had trd or on order.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Macjr67

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He just called and are waiting to hear more info from corporate as of 5:30 pm today.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
Is this possibly old information? The previous QC hold maybe, hopefully?

OP
OP

Macjr67

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I honestly don’t know which is why I posted it here, I was hoping someone could clarify… I will tell you he said he was notifying those who had orders. I was hoping you are correct that’s it’s the old QC hold he was referencing

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
It’s weird because new Tacos have barely started to trickle into the PNW over the past couple weeks.

I have found that I almost always know more than the dealer. Sounds like he just found out about the old QC hold and is passing this off as new info.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
My salesman is saying he hasn’t heard anything yet and actually had a truck move to freight status today. Of course the recall could’ve occurred after the status change.

OP
OP

Macjr67

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called him again, he says he doesn’t know what’s going on, he is trying to find out. He did says trucks on shipping routes were pulled back. Like I said I truly don’t know just looking for more clarification. The QC hold is old news I’m just hoping he got confused!!!

OP
OP

Macjr67

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s weird because new Tacos have barely started to trickle into the PNW over the past couple weeks.

I have found that I almost always know more than the dealer. Sounds like he just found out about the old QC hold and is passing this off as new info.
Exactly!!! That’s why I asked the forum

kweevuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 6MT OR
Hopefully it’s nothing. Most what I’m finding the dealers are clueless or just lying so you don’t get mad about delays. Mine told me today “all trucks are on hold and it’s set to up be in april”, while people are still taking deliveries and I’m getting updates from kind people like Steve here.

I know Toyota keeps things from dealers, but all I want is the truth and updates..

OP
OP

Macjr67

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bet he’s confusing it w the QC hold…but that’s old news …whatever I hear I’ll let the forum know!

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Mine updated today moving the availability date up, not back. It's sitting at the rail yard about an hour from me waiting for a truck. I guess we'll see, but I'm betting he is talking about the QC holds. In any case, they wouldn't pull them back. They would hold them at the ports, and it appears that they're still moving.

OP
OP

Macjr67

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine updated today moving the availability date up, not back. It's sitting at the rail yard about an hour from me waiting for a truck. I guess we'll see, but I'm betting he is talking about the QC holds. In any case, they wouldn't pull them back. They would hold them at the ports, and it appears that they're still moving.
This is good info!! I bet he’s confused

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
This is good info!! I bet he’s confused
It's really amazing how clueless dealerships are. They know nothing about the vehicles they sell. I know more about the Tacoma than my sales manager where I'm buying the truck, and the service manager that I've known at a different dealer. They are just not trained. So someone probably told them a month ago that they were being held and that's been the story the whole time to keep people on the hook. Then he asked his manager who said they would call around 5:30. I don't know how many times in the process of getting a truck this year (Ford for the Ranger Raptor, then the Tacoma) that they would call corporate and see what was up. He just doesn't want you looking at other dealerships that probably have some showing up this week.

OP
OP

Macjr67

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just found out Definitively that he misunderstood completely, what has happened is that a handful of his reserved trucks were pulled back for QC inspection and mine was one of them!! Toyota corporate clarified this and said all is ok and trucks are rolling to the dealerships!! He thought it was a “new” situation and went as far as notifying some order holders! I guess I’m just waiting longer, no big deal!
Sponsored