Stop sale??

TacoJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
It's really amazing how clueless dealerships are. They know nothing about the vehicles they sell. I know more about the Tacoma than my sales manager where I'm buying the truck, and the service manager that I've known at a different dealer. They are just not trained. So someone probably told them a month ago that they were being held and that's been the story the whole time to keep people on the hook. Then he asked his manager who said they would call around 5:30. I don't know how many times in the process of getting a truck this year (Ford for the Ranger Raptor, then the Tacoma) that they would call corporate and see what was up. He just doesn't want you looking at other dealerships that probably have some showing up this week.
Yeah, my salesman sent me a factory photo of an TRD Sport in Underground (the exact model and color I ordered with him over a month ago) and stated that he was "just" told that he could now show buyers the "new" color.
I asked if he was aware of the Internet lol.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
It's really amazing how clueless dealerships are. They know nothing about the vehicles they sell. I know more about the Tacoma than my sales manager where I'm buying the truck, and the service manager that I've known at a different dealer. They are just not trained. So someone probably told them a month ago that they were being held and that's been the story the whole time to keep people on the hook. Then he asked his manager who said they would call around 5:30. I don't know how many times in the process of getting a truck this year (Ford for the Ranger Raptor, then the Tacoma) that they would call corporate and see what was up. He just doesn't want you looking at other dealerships that probably have some showing up this week.
i think that’s more a people thing than a dealership thing. The sales guy I had was cliff claven knowledgeable. Having said that the other dealership I called I’m sure they didn’t know the tacoma was a truck.
Sponsored