Sponsored

paulbdotcom

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD
I drove a TRD offroad today. Check out the pics next to my 2022 TRD Offroad (TRD 2" lift FYI). This was a premium package ($53K) but dealer is not selling it right now - they want to use it as a demo for customers. They did say I could put a deposit on it and pick it up in 2 weeks - NO THANKS!

I am waiting it out until the Landcruiser arrives - and possibly new generation 4runner (and interest rates to go down)

Pros- Interior is super nice. It's comfortable, LOVE the center console setup, and the giant screen is sweet. It's not in the way of the windshield whatsoever. Also - no start stop. At least it didn't do it during my test drive - so I don't think it has it. A little more noise than the 2022; but you can hear that turbo spool up.

Cons- Engine is quick, but it "feels" like a 4cyl. Some of you will understand what I am saying. The truck also seems a little smaller - inside. Backseat might have less leg room? Sure seems like it. I HATE the power tailgate. I couldn't even figure it out to be honest. Doesn't close automatically, and started opening when I pushed it to close.

Overall, nice truck. Price isn't nice. But the interior upgrades are absolutely huge. Driving my 2022 afterwards felt like traveling back in time.

2024 Tacoma Test drove a 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road today (review & comparison vs my 2022 TRD Off-Road) IMG_7152

2024 Tacoma Test drove a 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road today (review & comparison vs my 2022 TRD Off-Road) IMG_7155.JPG

2024 Tacoma Test drove a 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road today (review & comparison vs my 2022 TRD Off-Road) IMG_7154.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

RGk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
trucks
Take delivery after 2 weeks of dealers and shoppers beating on it. What a bargain lol!

How did it drive compared to your 2022? Besides being quicker any difference in road manners etc?

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
Take delivery after 2 weeks of dealers and shoppers beating on it. What a bargain lol!

How did it drive compared to your 2022? Besides being quicker any difference in road manners etc?
Lol exactly. Maybe at a decent discount but otherwise nahhh.

OP
OP
paulbdotcom

paulbdotcom

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD

There is no way I'd want this truck after 2 weeks of abuse!

Honestly, the interior is upgraded so much - it's a game changer. I don't think the exterior is all that to be real. But-- When getting into my 2022 - it felt like I took a time capsule back 15 years. The interior is THAT upgraded.

Driving - engine felt like a I4 no doubt; I prefer the sound of the V6. Also prefer the "tone" of the V6 - I4 is a little louder in my estimation. It felt more like an SUV than a truck - more refined than the 2022. Depends what your looking for. If you want a truck that feels like a truck, the 2022 fits the bill. In a perfect world I would take the 2022 with the 2024 interior lol.

Last edited:

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
I've read there's a lag in acceleration. Did you notice that? How does it compare to the V6? I have a 19 TRD off road 4x4 V6. I'm trying to compare them.

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
I've read there's a lag in acceleration. Did you notice that? How does it compare to the V6? I have a 19 TRD off road 4x4 V6. I'm trying to compare them.
There is no lag that I've noticed. What stands out on the 24 is that the transmission doesn't shoot thru all the gears to reach 6th as fast as possible, while only moving at 30 MPH like the 3rd Gen does.

dirkdiggler

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Tacoma Sport, 2018 Tacoma OR
How does the ride height compare to your's? I know you have a lift but curious if you think it is taller than the outgoing 23, stock naturally
Sponsored