Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Maybe we are reading the source book wrong or it is a misprint, but on page 41 it shows that the backup camera is not available on the TRD Off-Road. One would need to purchase the package with the Mutli-Terrain Monitor?

IMG_0215.png
Yeah, the MTM is the system to include the backup camera.
Sponsored

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
Yeah, the MTM is the system to include the backup camera.
It’s required by US law that all new vehicles have a backup camera. So, the MTM and Premium “option” is the only option? Then, I assume, that that would be “standard” and a massive starting price difference than what’s listed. Maybe I’m reading something incorrectly.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
It’s required by US law that all new vehicles have a backup camera. So, the MTM and Premium “option” is the only option? Then, I assume, that that would be “standard” and a massive starting price difference than what’s listed. Maybe I’m reading something incorrectly.

So you have to understand that there are 3 things....back up camera, MTM, and PVM. Think of the MTM as a 360 camera system for the trail and PVM as regular 360 camera system. All 3 options will have the backup camera as part of it and it is dependent on the trim. The OR gets the MTM.

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you have to understand that there are 3 things....back up camera, MTM, and PVM. Think of the MTM as a 360 camera system for the trail and PVM as regular 360 camera system. All 3 options will have the backup camera as part of it and it is dependent on the trim. The OR gets the MTM.
Right, but it had a “P” for package (I assume) and not an “S” for standard. If the OR got the MTM, wouldn’t it say S for standard?

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Right, but it had a “P” for premium (I assume) and not an “S” for standard. If the OR got the MTM, wouldn’t it say S for standard?
The P is for package, not premium. Keep in mind that the guide posted with the tacoma4g logo on it is not official. Here is a screen shot from the one from Toyota. So yes, if you did not get a package with the MTM you will get the basic back up camera.

https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/attachments/2024_toyota_tacoma_product_information-pdf.7052/

2024 Tacoma The 2024 Tacoma SOURCEBOOK - Features, Options, Packages, Specs đź“’ Screenshot 2023-12-09 215146

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The P is for package, not premium. Keep in mind that the guide posted with the tacoma4g logo on it is not official. Here is a screen shot from the one from Toyota. So yes, if you did not get a package with the MTM you will get the basic back up camera.

Screenshot 2023-12-09 215146.png
Yep, got it. I edited “premium” to “package.” I guess we were right in identifying the error. Thanks for the official info sheet!