• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

The New 2023 Ford Ranger & Raptor / What Do We Think?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
New video from Stage3 showing the ROTW Ranger and Ranger Raptor. I'm really loving the Raptor more and more every time I see it. Unfortunately I think between dealer allocations and high ADM's it'll be very hard to get one especially in 2023. I do like how the changed the dial position on the center console (similar to the Bronco) and now it's push button to change from 2wd, 4h, 4l.

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
For a company that sells after market parts for the Ranger, he did not speak highly of the 5G Ranger.

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Quality Manager
I love the new Ranger Raptor. There doesn't quite seem to be the same buzz and enthusiasm for the 6G Ranger or just Rangers in general. At least at this point. The F150 is always going to have its crowd and the Bronco coming back just exploded in popularity. My hope is that makes it a bit easier to get my hands on one. I honestly don't know if the Bronco I have on order will arrive before the RRaptor or not ?. But if it does, it may get traded as soon as I can land a RRaptor.

Reactions: Doc

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
I love the new Ranger Raptor. There doesn't quite seem to be the same buzz and enthusiasm for the 6G Ranger or just Rangers in general. At least at this point. The F150 is always going to have its crowd and the Bronco coming back just exploded in popularity. My hope is that makes it a bit easier to get my hands on one. I honestly don't know if the Bronco I have on order will arrive before the RRaptor or not ?. But if it does, it may get traded as soon as I can land a RRaptor.
I think it's kinda tough for the average consumer to get exited about something that the manufacturer hasn't said much of anything about and even if you are aware of a new Ranger you probably also know that it's well over a year away.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
This video stoked my excitement over the new Ranger even further. Man this wait is killing me because I'm ready to be back in a truck again!

Sponsored

Winger57

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Ranger 06 Liberty CRD 08 F450
Occupation
Aviation
Is this really going to be the red headed step child in Fords line-up?

Marcuscanby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Safety
I love the ranger, but with no 6' bed crew cab option, I must move on to the Tacoma.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
Hasn't it pretty much held that crown here since about 2005? Ford stopped making any major updates to the Ranger when fuel prices sort of stabilized and they could count on huge F-series sales numbers. Why make the Ranger any more appealing under those circumstances? They didn't need or want to sell it here and I have not seen any real indication that thinking has changed all that much. The 5th and 6th gen Rangers were designed for other markets where the F-150 is not the focus and those markets will continue to get more powertrain options and other cool features because the Ranger is really Ford's only truck for those markets. The focus here will continue to be on the F-150 and now the Maverick, neither of which are sold in most of the other markets where the Ranger is sold. Just the fact that Ford is building a "truck" like the Maverick should tell you what they think of the small truck market in North America. It's fine for the occasional trip to Home Depot but it probably wouldn't hold up as well as the Ranger in other markets where road conditions are even worse than what we have here.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
For a company that sells after market parts for the Ranger, he did not speak highly of the 5G Ranger.
I considered the 5g to be a parts bin truck. All things considered, I think they executed it fairly well for what it is, an aging global platform.

I wouldn't mind if Ford set a production limit/bar for the Ranger, like 150k units produced/sold in the U.S. annually. Alongside the Bronco, which also needs to not be over produced. This would keep the value up but would still allow for some negotiating. The 6g seems to be a thorough ground up redesign. I like the RR a lot, but it'll probably go for well over MSRP for several years, until if and when we get supply normalcy, at which point it'll go for MSRP and even that will be more than I'm willing to pay for a mid size. I am more excited for the thought of a 6g Tremor to be honest. A 2.7 and hopefully a front Torsen option and around $45k for an XLT 302a........??

Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP Mustang, 2006 GMC Sierra, 2015 Suzuki King Quad, 2006 883/ 1200 Sportster conversion
Occupation
Retired
I considered the 5g to be a parts bin truck. All things considered, I think they executed it fairly well for what it is, an aging global platform.

I wouldn't mind if Ford set a production limit/bar for the Ranger, like 150k units produced/sold in the U.S. annually. Alongside the Bronco, which also needs to not be over produced. This would keep the value up but would still allow for some negotiating. The 6g seems to be a thorough ground up redesign. I like the RR a lot, but it'll probably go for well over MSRP for several years, until if and when we get supply normalcy, at which point it'll go for MSRP and even that will be more than I'm willing to pay for a mid size. I am more excited for the thought of a 6g Tremor to be honest. A 2.7 and hopefully a front Torsen option and around $45k for an XLT 302a........??
It’s supposed to be a 3.0 V/6
However,
”The Ranger Raptor largely mirrors the Bronco Raptor in terms of its powertrain: it has the same twin-turbo 3.0-liter V-6 engine, making 392 horsepower and 430 pound-feet (those figures may change for the U.S. market). A 10-speed automatic transmission and four-wheel drive are standard, as is a two-speed transfer case and front and rear locking differentials.”

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor