• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

The VW Amarok

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Alright, now that VW had their Amarok unveiling, how much longer until the NA market Ranger has its time in the spotlight?

You think Ford will wait until GM shows their midsize twins before our Ranger gets unveiled?

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator
I do like that blue.

Ford Ranger The VW Amarok 9EB32E03-D7CD-46A6-9654-98832CD62C40

Sponsored

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Alright, now that VW had their Amarok unveiling, how much longer until the NA market Ranger has its time in the spotlight?

You think Ford will wait until GM shows their midsize twins before our Ranger gets unveiled?
For sure after the GM twins, or at least the Colorado. My guess is 2023 Super duty in August, and 2023 Ranger in November

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
For sure after the GM twins, or at least the Colorado. My guess is 2023 Super duty in August, and 2023 Ranger in November
I hope you're right. If I am blown away by the zr2 Colorado I may have to just go for it. I have 65k burning a hole in my bank account and not sure if I can hold out for the raptor unless it comes out a couple months after.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I hope you're right. If I am blown away by the zr2 Colorado I may have to just go for it. I have 65k burning a hole in my bank account and not sure if I can hold out for the raptor unless it comes out a couple months after.
Iā€™m in the same boatā€¦ my daily driver is a 20+ year old ā€˜02 F-150 SuperCrew, so I saw a new truck purchase coming. Iā€™ve been banking a monthly truck payment to myself since October of 2017 (yes, almost 5 years). Iā€™ve managed to squirrel away $54k so far and am more than ready for a new truck!!! If I have my way, Iā€™d go for a SuperCrew/longbed Ranger in Lariat Temor trim.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Also the Detroit International Auto Show is now in September for ā€˜22. Maybe weā€™ll see the new Ranger on Press Day scheduled for September 14th??? Without a show the last two years (Covid) and it being in Fordā€™s back yard, I suspect they will have a big presents?

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Also the Detroit International Auto Show is now in September for ā€˜22. Maybe weā€™ll see the new Ranger on Press Day scheduled for September 14th??? Without a show the last two years (Covid) and it being in Fordā€™s back yard, I suspect they will have a big presents?
Could be a possibility.
I just had an interesting convo with my dealer. They contacted me and said Order banks are opening soon for the 2023 Ranger and inquired if i was still interested.
I said to them that my understanding was the 2023 orders is for the current Generation and not the "NEW" Ranger.
They said from their impression from Ford Order banks across the board open for the New Ranger the same time with production of the 6th Gen coming sometime in the middle of 2023 for the New Ranger. However, they are going to look into it for me.

Sponsored

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Noteworthy from the MSN article is that gasoline market Amaroks will get a 2.3L engine w/ 298hp. I don't believe VW has such an engine, so it's (very most probably) the Ford powertrain (looks like the diesels are from VW). The 298hp rating is promising, even if it's a premium fuel rating (like on the Bronco). Fingers still crossed for the 7spd. manual.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Noteworthy from the MSN article is that gasoline market Amaroks will get a 2.3L engine w/ 298hp. I don't believe VW has such an engine, so it's (very most probably) the Ford powertrain (looks like the diesels are from VW). The 298hp rating is promising, even if it's a premium fuel rating (like on the Bronco). Fingers still crossed for the 7spd. manual.
The Amarok won't be using any VW driveline components. The 2.3 is the Ecoboost, the 2.0 diesel is the Ford Panther, and the 3.0 is the Lion.

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
The Amarok won't be using any VW driveline components. The 2.3 is the Ecoboost, the 2.0 diesel is the Ford Panther, and the 3.0 is the Lion.
Good to know- I wasn't sure, since the VWCV previously used VW engines in the MB developed Crafter.
Sponsored