Tonneau cover options for 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport - 5 ft bed

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500, Honda Pioneer 1000
Bison says their hard cover will be available within a month. (might be canada only). On youtube, the cover looks very similar the mx4 but less expensive.

bisontonneaucovers.com

I have no experience with them but they're on my list of options.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fox 1-3 Alpha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Several tonneau cover options for 2024+ are starting to pop up on Real Truck. Anxiously waiting for BAK to launch theirs (Real Truck now owns BAK). I’m thinking of going Revolver this time instead of MX4.

https://realtruck.com/c/exterior-accessories/tonneau-covers/v/toyota/tacoma/2024/
Several tonneau cover options for 2024+ are starting to pop up on Real Truck. Anxiously waiting for BAK to launch theirs (Real Truck now owns BAK). I’m thinking of going Revolver this time instead of MX4.

https://realtruck.com/c/exterior-accessories/tonneau-covers/v/toyota/tacoma/2024/
Thanks for posting this link @Tekoma. Anyone have experience with the Lomax Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau series?:

https://realtruck.com/c/exterior-ac...rs/folding/hard-folding/v/toyota/tacoma/2024/

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Manual
Thanks for posting this link @Tekoma. Anyone have experience with the Lomax Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau series?:

https://realtruck.com/c/exterior-ac...rs/folding/hard-folding/v/toyota/tacoma/2024/
I don’t have experience with Lomax but did see that some (or all???) of their covered have a clip that is stuck to your roof to hold the cover in the upright full open position. This is a showstopper for me. According to Real Truck, the MX4 trifold should be available late April/ early May. I had considered going X4S roll up hard cover but I have a lot of experience with the MX4 and it looks better in my opinion.

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2

I owned one of these on my Canyon. Thought it looked great but had an interesting design flaw. Water would pool in the channels between the metal panels and the adhesive underneath eventually gave way, allowing water to leak into bed. It seemed like normal usage opening/closing the cover put too much stress on those seals and contributed to the failure. Bad design imo. Sold the truck before trying to file a warranty claim.

Maybe they've improved the adhesive or design over time, but now I'm looking at options like the Bak Revolver X4s or Truxedo Sentry instead.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
FYI: Sentry CT ordered from Realtruck just got a shipping notice. Label created only, no ETA yet but things are moving finally.

Jaxx642

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Good news. Nothing yet on Retrax PRO.... Still pending fulfillment.
UPDATE: Kind of disappointed with RealTruck and Retrax for not mentioning that my order for the 2024 Tacoma Retrax Pro was a "pre-order" and that it's not being released until May 1st. I finally reached someone at Retrax that gave me all the info, but bad biz to keep customers in the dark like that. Tempted to cancel my order and just get it from Amazon after May 1. Not a good first experience with the RealTruck/Retrax people.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I know for the MX4 it says that on its website

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI: Sentry CT ordered from Realtruck just got a shipping notice. Label created only, no ETA yet but things are moving finally.
Tracking shows it on the way in KS right now with expected delivery Saturday.

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2
Tracking shows it on the way in KS right now with expected delivery Saturday.
Any specific reasons why you went with Sentry CT instead of BAK Revolver X4s?

I've been looking at both.. seems like the sentry may be marginally better at water resistance because of the Velcro sides, but Revolver may be slightly more secure with each slat locking into the rail.

Last edited:

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any specific reasons why you went with Sentry CT instead of BAK Revolver X4s?

I've been looking at both.. seems like the sentry may be marginally better at water resistance because of the Velcro sides, but Revolver may be slightly more secure with each slat loving into the rail.
I looked a lot of comparison reviews between them and the "if you want this, buy the Sentry CT" conclusions all seemed to fit me better than the X4s but really the comparison is pretty close. So ultimately, I went with the Sentry CT because I've used Truxedo LoPro on numerous trucks and just liked them. I'm not super concerned about security which is the one edge the X4s has. I also like the canvas vs vinyl for maintenance and longevity. The X4s also looks like it has a few more fiddly bits that stick into the bed for things to snag on.

But I'd really probably be happy with either.

Jaxx642

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
UPDATE: Kind of disappointed with RealTruck and Retrax for not mentioning that my order for the 2024 Tacoma Retrax Pro was a "pre-order" and that it's not being released until May 1st. I finally reached someone at Retrax that gave me all the info, but bad biz to keep customers in the dark like that. Tempted to cancel my order and just get it from Amazon after May 1. Not a good first experience with the RealTruck/Retrax people.
RealTruck put the 2024 RetraxPro XR back on its website so it can be ordered again, but they are not available until after May 1 according to Retrax. FYI.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Sentry CT showed up a day early. Got it install, but no pics yet because it was getting dark when I finished. Very happy with it though. Fit well and it's clear the instructions were specifically for the 2024 Tacoma because when they have you measure alignment of the rails they take into account how the bed curves in at the back. Plus the picture for putting on the front seal shows the angled corners of the bed at the front.

Pretty easy install. Uses the rails already in the bed effectively.

Jdunlap12

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
Has anybody ever use rough country hard tri-fold covers before? This is my truck so I want get the right one
Sponsored