Sponsored

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
Hey guys. One of the admins suggested I post this here. I've been active on the QC Hold topic and have helped a lot of future owners figure out the status of their trucks and I mentioned that I have a YouTube channel that might be useful for this group.

I developed this channel as a resource for owners to learn how to use the features on their new Toyota products. I have an entire section on the multimedia system which is not very intuitive. I have stuff on safety features, how to use the menus in the multi-information display, using the dynamic radar cruise control and a bunch of other topics.

Right now, I only have one Tacoma specific video and that shows where the USB data port is for the radio. Y'all might want to peruse the channel and if you have specific requests for new videos, post them here. I'm a customer relations and training manager so I have access to a lot of new vehicles. I'm glad to dive into anything you think would be helpful.

Here's the link to the USB port video:

Here's a link to the main channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVG-usRA4I449dG0uv8cIZw
Sponsored

ForTheWin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Subscribed to your channel Steve, good stuff.

Do you happen have access to all the current available trims of the 4G Tacoma, just one, a few?

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Great video, so can we actually import music on to some sort of drive or only play it from a USB stick plugged into the side of the screen?

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Hello Steve,

Any timeframe when the hybrids will be allocated? Limited Hybrid is what I’ve got my deposit in on. Thanks for what you do!

datkins

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 prerunner
... I mentioned that I have a YouTube channel that might be useful for this group.
Thanks in advance for the helpful vids.
You mentioned the new credit card key. Does it work through an RFID blocking wallet?

Last edited:

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Subscribed. What is the deal with the QC holds? Obviously they found some issues to hold so many up, but any talk of releasing them into the wild?
They are not sharing why with dealers either. We'll never really know. In that QC thread some talked about a person they knew at a Toyota garage knowing somebody who was workin at the parts doing the repairs and they were replacing wiring harnesses. My Taco just came hold and comes next week so hopefully it's all worked out.

I have @Trainer Steve Clifford to thank for helping me stay up to date on that. My dealer has been really great too, but Steve was super helpful to fill in the gaps!

OP
OP
Trainer Steve Clifford

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
Subscribed to your channel Steve, good stuff.

Do you happen have access to all the current available trims of the 4G Tacoma, just one, a few?
Just a few at any given time. At the moment, I only have 2 SR5s in stock. We're a medium sized dealer but we're one of the bigger truck dealers in the Central Atlantic area.

OP
OP
Trainer Steve Clifford

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
Subscribed. What is the deal with the QC holds? Obviously they found some issues to hold so many up, but any talk of releasing them into the wild?
I never found out exactly what the issue was but they are slowly making their way here. I have my suspicions but nothing I can confirm.

OP
OP
Trainer Steve Clifford

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
Thanks in advance for the helpful vids.
You mentioned the new credit card key. Does it work through an RFID blocking wallet?
Probably not and I would have a hard time testing that one unless somebody has one of the wallets and wants to give it a try.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
Hey guys. One of the admins suggested I post this here. I've been active on the QC Hold topic and have helped a lot of future owners figure out the status of their trucks and I mentioned that I have a YouTube channel that might be useful for this group.

I developed this channel as a resource for owners to learn how to use the features on their new Toyota products. I have an entire section on the multimedia system which is not very intuitive. I have stuff on safety features, how to use the menus in the multi-information display, using the dynamic radar cruise control and a bunch of other topics.

Right now, I only have one Tacoma specific video and that shows where the USB data port is for the radio. Y'all might want to peruse the channel and if you have specific requests for new videos, post them here. I'm a customer relations and training manager so I have access to a lot of new vehicles. I'm glad to dive into anything you think would be helpful.

Here's the link to the USB port video:

Here's a link to the main channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVG-usRA4I449dG0uv8cIZw
Steve,

Is the port behind screen capable of providing power of a radar detector ?

OP
OP
Trainer Steve Clifford

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
Steve,

Is the port behind screen capable of providing power of a radar detector ?
It will charge a cellphone so I assume it would do a detector as well. For charging only, you're better off with the charge ports down below the HVAC controls though.
Sponsored

Last edited: